Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You know you have a boy when.....

Default You know you have a boy when.....

With two boys I just have so many "only a boy" moments. I'd love to hear others' moments too. To start - you know you have a boy when....

.... the two year old climbs up the steps of the slide with his lawnmower then pushes the lawnmower down the slide (over and over again....)

....the 7 month old farts and laughs about it

Any others?

You know you have a boy when.....You take his nappy off and he pees on your top and in his eyes!!!

Their favourite pasttime is to spend ALL DAY in the loo.........sitting and reading books. I kid you not.

If ever I can't find Charlie, guaranteed he will be sitting in the loo with a pile of books. Just like his father.

mooshie Guest

when they hold off going for a wee for so long, then run to the toilet fling the seat up to start peeing - good, yes well it would be if the seat wasn't flung up so fast that it falls down again hence pee going all over the toilet, and i mean all over it, walls everything lol. i go through plenty of bottles of pine o clean.

oh and he is 7 next week, should no better little bugger lol

Lucy, that is a cack - he really sits there that much?

When they can identify the differences between fire engine, police car and ambulance sirens before they can even say fire engine, police car and ambulance properly.

tiggy Guest

When anything and everything in the house is turned upside down and pushed along the floor (insert broom, broom noises here)!

....when they can't wait for the nappy to come off so they can grab their 'little fella'!

There is yelling from the back seat of the car saying:

"GO FASTER MUMMY"
    "That CAR WENT PAST US, QUICK CATCH IT"
    "MUMMY THE SIGN SAYS 100! YOU HAVE TO DO 100! HURRY UP YOU"RE GOING TOO SLOW"

And on the home front there is a mass of destruction in every room!

tiggy Guest

LOLOLOL!!! Sammi!
    Have ALL that to look forward to!!!

ETA; hear you on the automatic willy grabbing when the nappy comes down!

when -
    the whole house is turned upside down within 15 mins
    they thinks its funny to 'pretend' to fart on each other
    they prefer to be naked than dressed in good clothes when out a a family gathering
    everything they do on their little tricycles is a 'motorbike' trick (that apparently girls and mummies cant do-only boys)

When the words car, truck, motorbike and lawnmower are words that come before names for siblings!!!!

Jo

pebbles2820 Guest

When your daughter calmly tells you that her little brother(4)has lit the bed on fire(I kid you not).
    When you have miniature Jackie Chans running through the house and bouncing off the furniture.
    Not only can anything be turned into a car but also a gun and they'll shoot you even when you put your hands up.

Definitely the naked thing and the willy thing. Just wait till they start talking about boys having willys and girls having vaginas, especially when your out in public.

When...in the course of a week they manage to find and eat - Monday a snail, Tuesday mulch, Wednesday sand and Friday a cigarette butt.

when... he goes at such full pace when crawling that he often goes headfirst into doors and walls and then just keeps on going.

When you find him sitting on DH's lap both watching to footy together.

When you find them dismantling anything and everything..... especially the play equipment.

When they use tonka trucks and cars as 4wds and wreck my gardens, so that they have a 4wd track like dad drives on.

They lie in bed, do a hugely loud poo, and smile in satisfaction.

They can blow raspberries at an incredibly young age (11w is young for that, right?)

They scream when you (or your friends) say "shoes", but calm down if you change the subject to Top Gear (btw, my friends and I did this experiment - shoes/shopping bad, cars good).

They won't wear their hat and sunglasses until you say they look like a cool biker dude... then they sit happily in the carrier, twisting on your finger to go faster. DS is such a boy already!

When he lies in the bath smacking his ding-dong full force with his free hand, laughing his head off.....and his father glows with pride when told about it

Wow, these are great - and so true! I can relate to most of them - especially to do with peeing, cars, climbing. I have a couple more to add:

...when he falls asleep on the couch watching TV just like Dad does (2 days in a row now after not having his day time sleep)
    ...when he makes the Tim the Tool Man "macho" sounds just like his dad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast