Thread: You know you're a mum when...

Talking You know you're a mum when...

Me and a friend were talking about this.. Here's what we have came up with...
    You know your a mum when...

... You congrats bubs on doing a poo! (at least you know there eating )
    ... You cry when you have to change the straps up-one on a carseat... Or when you have to turn the car seat from newborn to toddler.
    ... You cry when you have to pack away bubs clothes because their too small!

would love to hear some of your additions...

you take you dog the vet and realise you are holding him in your arms, rocking him

LOL Cass I did the whole "cry when you have to pack away bubs clothes becasue they are too small" thing just the other day...I was giving them to someone else....I was SO sad!!

You know you're a mum when:
    - Most nights you don't get to eat dinner in peace.
    - You don't know what a full nights sleep is anymore or what a sleep-in is.
    - You feel the joy and feel proud when bubs does something for the first time.
    - Yes I'm another that cried when packing away newborn clothes.

* when you can't recall the last time you had a good nights sleep... and don't mind
    * when a little smile at 2am makes you warm and fuzzy
    * when you happily miss out on that fantastic pair of shoes/pants/top/dress and buy something for baby instead!

motherduck Guest

`You know your a mum when you cant go to the tiolet without the todler.
    and your dinner plate is no longer your own (cassie always wants the good stuff off my plate once she finnishes hers)

Lol - Those are kewl! keep em comming...

...You can multitask really well - between talking on fone, feeding bubs, and eating a cold dinner (dinners are always cold atm! lol)

Motherduck - my lil sister does that to me... For a while there, that's the onlyplate she would eat off!!!

mothergoose -completely agree with everything there! Just bought more clothes for izzy today - alothough i buying size bigger now, coz she dosn't neen anymore ooo.

Rayray - I find even when i'm holding nothing i'm 'rockin and swaying' all the time! or still rocing the pram even if izzy is in my arms lolz

pebbles2820 Guest

*when you find yourself rocking things like the shopping trolley
    *you go to the toilet with the door open because it's just not worth trying to lock them out
    *when you tell your children your changing your name, it's not mum any more, and I'm not telling you what the new one is

there are so many more but I can't focus at the mo

* When you get 5 hours unbroken sleep & think that it's a great night's sleep LOL
    * When you go out somewhere & feel lost without a stroller or a little hand to hold
    * When you go for a girls night out, your sister spills a drink & you pull out a packet of baby wipes for her. I did that over Easter & my sister said "you're such a mum".

You know you're a mum when
    * You lick a hanky and wipe someone's face (hopefully your child's ) - I haven't done this... YET!
    * You stop looking at men's bottoms because your baby's is sooooooo cute!

* You have a sippy cup or a half eaten biscuit in your handbag and babies arent with you!
    * Your shopping for a new outfit/underwear for yourself, but you end up in the kiddie section of the shop.

- you offer you SIL's BF bonjela for some sort of tooth problem
    - you have a baby spoon, teddy bear biscuit and wipes in your beautiful $200 Guess handbag
    - you hold your sisters 6 month old and refer to yourself as "mummy" to him (it was an accident!! )
    - you say "ni ni time" to your fiance
    -you choose a place to eat out based on what food they have that your todler could eat... even if bub isnt with you. (i wont go places that dont have risotto- abby's fav!)
    - when your fiance comes home from work to find you sitting on the lounge room floor talking to and patting the vacuum and trying to get your todler to realise the vacuum is not going to eat her or harm her in any way.

~you have maccas toys hidden in your handbag
    ~you start saying mum isn't home at the moment while looking at your winging toddler
    ~you automatically end up in the baby section of each shop you go to(happened to me about 1 hour ago:P)
    ~you cry when your "baby" is about to turn 3 (where did the last 3 years go?)
    ~it takes at least 3 attempts to get the right name out when calling/ talking to your child.
    ~you're constantly saying "Ta" to everyone

Ellie
    Last edited by Tyige; April 26th, 2007 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Added more

- at your Bible study group, you read that the fruit of the tree of knowledge was good and she ate it, yum yum. (I love Bible studies with other Mummies!)

you know your a mum when:

*all your designer hand bags become baby bags too
    *you find a single baby sock in your hand bag and dunno where the hell the other one is
    *you dont get your acrylics done anymore cause they are not practical for raising a baby
    *you cant remember the last time you blowdried your hair
    *when nappies and formula are a higher priority than getting your hair done

oh theres so many more... hhahaha