Thread: To young for flight??

Cool To young for flight??

Not sure if this is in the right forum....i looked around and figured this might be the right one.....move if im wrong

I need some help.....DH and his company are planning on a 'work' expenses paid trip to USA......really just an excuse to claim it as a work right off because theres some convention on over there in July this year....

My problem or question is this: Chelsea and i are also invited along....but Chels will only be 8 months old then.....and i feel she will be to young to fly and travel that far. How is an 8 month old going to enjoy USA???? DH says we can make this our honeymoon (ours was ruined by my morning sickness and being in pain while we were on ours) and our first family holiday. Also TTC in April/May.... so then there is a possibilty ill be PG then too....

Kim, I don't see there being a problem. Chelsea won't remember the trip but the definite advantage of taking her when she is less than 2 is that she is free (not that you're paying)! We will be going to queensland in august and our bub will only be 5 months old. As neverplan said, it is probably going to be much easier before she can walk and run and wreak havock!! What's this TTC in april/May!!!lol!! I say go for the holiday (if you don't can we take it!!!).

But its a long flight.... its not just a short trip on a plane... i think thats whats worrying me the most.....or am i over reacting??

It would indeed be easier cos she wont be walking/running.....i just dont know.

I have been to USA twice now...3rd time lucky....and i guess a free holiday..and overseas shouldnt be passed up!

And as for TTC.... yep its on the list for things to do in April..May at the latest. There definately will be no big age gaps in this family!!

Go for it!

Do it before she's walking. It will be so much easier to entertain her in the bassinet and on your lap on the flight than if she wants to walk around. Sure she wont remember but you and your DH will.

Have an awesome time!

I say go for it. Make the most of it while you can.

We moved from the UK to Australia when Kimberley was 4 months old and she was great on the long flight.

The staff on the plane should be good also i know the ones we had where lovely and offered to help settle Kimberley when she wouldn't sleep.

I did the trip wtih Matilda when she was 18 months... and wish I did it pre-walking. I have to go every few years as my entire family is in the US. I had a hard time on the flight, but decided that what was 28 hours out of our lives...if it was an awful 14 hours both ways... well we would live through it.

One way was good, the other was awful. Matilda is active & being stuck in a seat for even 2 hours is sheer hell for her. But we brought games & bottles and heaps of snacks & just walked the aisles for hours along with all the other parents.

Go enjoy it's free so even if it sux, it's not your money you spent!!???

I travelled to bali & back alone on numerous occasions with Maddy from 9wks of age!!!

It will be awesome so relax & enjoy!

Once you have children travelling is a whole new ball game and IMO every age has its own set of challenges when it comes to travelling. I was a bit worried the first time I had to travel with a baby but I thought that if I let it put me off I wouldn't leave home again until they did lol.
    At 8 months bubs should sleep really well in the bassinet and the airlines usually look after people travelling with babies fairly well.
    I'm sure you'll have a great time.

I did Aust to the UK with Charlie when he was 8 months. Don't regret it for a minute. Long flight/tiring, but we had a great time.........

I did a short trip to Queensland when DS when he was 2months old and we were not sure if we should go, even on that short trip. We decided to go and Iam so glad that we did. We had a fantastic time and the staff on the plane were really helpful, let us get on first etc. I think you should make the most of the opportunities you get and just try and be relaxed about it. Go with the flow, that tends to make it less stressful.

Hi

I was bought to Australia from NZ to live when I was the same age and I just slept the whole way. But mind you, that was only a 3 hour flight.

Maybe you could ask for a flight which might coincide with her sleeping patterns so she will be asleep for most of the flight e.g. a flight which might leave at 6pm or something.

All babies are different but we flew to USA last November and there was a little girl on our flight who sat in front of us and she was about 12 months old - gorgeous. We never heard a peep out of her.

I say dont give up a free trip .....