Thread: Is your baby/toddler smarter than you?

Talking Is your baby/toddler smarter than you?

Well, we have recently discovered that for his last feed before bed DS will have boob, a little playtime and then more boob.

Well, he's really starting to outsmart us with this playtime thing. It may even only be two minutes of him laughing and smiling at Daddy, but damn it seems he just has to have it. Normally the lack of this playtime would cause him to grizzle in bed and not go to sleep until he gets it followed by his top-up feed.

Last night was another story. It was midnight when we got home and he'd fed two hours before and had lots of "playtime" in between so I thought he would just have a feed and go to bed. He did, and I was absolutely amazed, as it doesn't usually happen...

BUT, when I crawled into bed nigh on 2am, guess who woke up? And guess who screamed the house down for an hour refusing boob, cuddles, dummy, panadol (is teething)... Now, DS, he just, doesn't really scream. His cry is like a "Waaahhhh", but last night he was full-on, high-pitched screaming.

I crawled up into a ball (this is after an hour of uncontrollable screaming), absolutely bawling under the doona while Daddy tried to deal with him (OMG a rarity at night). And do you know what the devil wanted, he wanted his precious PLAYTIME!!!

So he had his five minutes of giggles and smiles with Daddy. He wouldn't even feed afterwards he went straight back to sleep until 9:30 this morning.
    Surely a 3 month old baby isn't that plotting and devious?

So, it begs the question, does your baby/toddler outsmart you?

On a regular basis AJ Numerous times a day. I think that says alot about me though

Um hmm. Often, and I have two of them doing it. But I really knew I was beaten when DS1 who had just turned 2 at the time refused to stay in bed for his day sleep one day and told me "Jack's pushing the boundaries mummy". Yep, kiddo you sure were, and you haven't really stopped since .

Oh what a cheeky little monkey!!! Oskar has gone through the same stages and they don't let you forget it do they!!

OMG, they are creatures of habit, aren't they? DD has always liked to do things the same way as last time.

My son did this too!

That's very cheeky of him! And yes, Nina outsmarts me every single day.

Oh yeah. I started giving Jesse glycerine on his dummy when the chemist said it would help clear up his thrush. From then - 5 weeks he refused the dummy without it.
    Now if he doesn't see me put the glycerine on he will taste the dummy before he takes it. If he see's me put the glycerine on it he waits for it with his mouth open!
    The other day he was sooking & when he saw me pull out the glycerine he laughed at me!!

Oh now that IS cheeky bjrose, what a little devil!!!