Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Baby Hammocks

I grabbed that T-shirt for my friends daughters 1st birthday in 2 wks time.... Her hair (although limited amount comapred to Indah) (PMSL)
    Is the brightest, flouro red/orange hair I have ever seen!!!!!!

So I had to get her that Top!!!!!

Emma, I think you'd be mad NOT to, IMHO!

Amby delivers in NZ, and the cost is WORTH EVERY CENT if you end up with a happy, content, self settling baby out of it.........

Each to their own, of course, and I am not saying that we have not had a few sleep dramas in this house, but blessed few really, and I largely attribute it to the hammock helping Olivia & Charlie feel secure and content always in their sleeping habits in the early months......

The thing to remember is it doubles as a port-a-cot as well We decided it was worth every $

We also borrowed an Amby and loved it!

Although we moved DA out of there at around 5 months, as he was fast running out of room and he looked a little cramped. He is good in his cot now (after co sleeping for like 1.5months).

He had colic in the beginning, and although ppl say that the hammock may have contributed to him being a bad sleeper, i'm still glad i used it because it seemed to make him sleep a lot better and be more comfy.

You can get them off ebay pretty cheap - my mum got one for when we went around to her place. I still plan on using them for the beginning with our next one, but i think i just have more of an idea about how to do things sleep wise so they don't get into such a bad pattern (ie rocking them to sleep in the hammock for 1 hr)

I've found it easier to get them to sleep in the hammock if I do something else at the same time. I'm not sure why, but if I read a book (or play on my phone or watch TV) while I bounce it Imran goes to sleep much faster, and so did Yasin.

I've found it easier to get them to sleep in the hammock if I do something else at the same time. I'm not sure why, but if I read a book (or play on my phone or watch TV) while I bounce it Imran goes to sleep much faster, and so did Yasin.
    That is so so true Dach......I used to read a novel over the top of bouncing Charlie as a new born and look down and wonder, "Oooo, I have read 2 chapters......wonder how long Charlie has been asleep for??" LOL! Takes the mental stress out of watching them, clock-watching, wondering how long it'll take them to drop off!)

That said, Charlie only needed bouncing off a few times.....he got the gist of how to bounce himself pretty quickly, thank goodness.......

I was into reading while bouncing as well! Now we hardly bounce the hammock at all - a couple of months ago we 'graduated' to Clarrie putting himself to sleep with a lot less intervention and he seems to have got into that habit quite well. Unfortunately, I don't get to read as much. LOL.

Emma.......good for you....let me know the name of the company or pm me and I will do a Google........

Default Baby Hammocks

I just had to return a amby hammock my 5 month old loved it and im now considering buying one.. how long did your baby sleep in one? is it ok for their backs? just wondering if worth the investment?? Thanks

Yasin was in his until he was about 10 months old. Imran is still happy in it at 6 months old.
    Are you planning to have more children? If so it's probably worth the investment because you can pack it up after Tariq grows out of it and get it out for your next baby.

we have one, I used it with milo until he was around 5 months or so, and we only stopped because he was too tall/long for it and was getting uncomfortable.

I think its actually good for their back as it moves with the shape of their spine. My hospital used them in the childbirth centre.

Rachael, I'm bringing mine to the hospital with me

Olivia was in hers till she was 11 months (she is a tiny titch)....and Charlie was in his till 10 months. And Lexie is in hers right now......and will stay in it as long as I can get her to!

(Christy, I took mine into hospital too......they have one in the nursery but it is always in demand so I took our own.....Jovie will melt your heart when you see her all tucked into it.....)

Default moving from hammock to cot

Imran has started trying to roll when he's going to sleep in the hammock and sometimes he suceeds :eek: so I think its time to switch to the cot. Mainly for day sleeps (we co-sleep at night) but if he likes it I'm thinking of putting him in the cot and sleeping in Yasin's bed while DH is away so we can all share a room and I don't spend my nights shuttling back and forth between rooms.
    I moved Yasin to the cot when he was 11 months and he never took to it so when he was about a year old he had a mattress on the floor and then a bed.
    Its a lovely cot and I would like one of my children to use it.
    Does anyone have any tips for a more successful transition? He has a toy lamb and a dummy that he likes to go to sleep with so I'm hoping that they will still be sleep triggers in a new environment.

maggie Guest

Default hammock

Hi

DS(9weeks) sleeps great at night in his cot, but during the day refuses to, and screams and screams, i have hired a hammock and the last 2days he has slept so far happily during the day between feeds in his hammock.. at this stage will hire it for 3mnths, does anyone know, that after the 3mnths when i know he will have to have day sleeps in his cot, will he adjust ok, or will there be an issue as he will be possibly used to day sleeps in the hammock, also i dont want him to get used to the hammock that he wont use cot at night. anyone use both?

Cee_Cee99 Guest

oh no... there are no replies to this post? I have the same question... my friend said it took 4 days for her baby to go from the hammock to the cot, with lots of wrapping and patting (however she is believer in controlled crying) so I would like an alternative to tears as well if possible? let me know how you go as it is a while since this was posted... cheers!

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Hi Dachlorstar,

We did it!!! With out tears or tantrums or anything... the first day felt beautiful, to hold my baby in my arms while she drifted to sleep was something I did not know I had missed.

The next night I held her for one song on her music CD then lay her in her cot while stroking her face for about one song, then I walked out... she made the "mmmm" noise for 25mins, but as my DH said, she makes that noise when she is in the hammock too... or when we are rocking her in our arms..

The next night, one song in my arms, the next song I stroked her face, then walked out.. 8 mins of "mmm" then fast asleep.

The next night was so beautiful, (again to music) I held her, lay her down in her cot, stroked her face, she looked up at me, smiled (I smiled back - I don't believe in no- eye contact) then she gentle yawned, closed her eyes and feel asleep.... my DH was standing at the door and he just said "that was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, you are such a good Mum"... (I was so proud - we both had tears in our eyes).

it has now been a week and she ALWAYS goes to sleep within 8 mins of the "mmm" noise (sometimes she will only go "mmm" for a second and then fall alseep. No crying at ALL... She now also sleeps better during the day, she has gone from the baby at Mothers Group nobody wanted to sit next too as she was always crying from being tired and hence waking their sleeping babies to the first baby to drop off to sleep in her pram... None of my friends at Mothers group can belive how much she has changed. They all want to know my secret!!!!

I LOVE the cot. I am a full convert... The hammock was a God send, but when they are ready to move to a cot, I think they will let you know ...

Ally was waking up evey hour on the hour wanted to be rocked back to sleep, so to me that was telling me she was ready for a big girl bed! She is so much better in the cot as now during the night she wakes once or twice for a feed and that is it! She has also gone from the classic 45min cat napper to the 90min sleep ledgend!

So, I guess I wanted to let you know that for us, it was not as scarey a transition as we thought it would be and it has made our daughter a lot happier.

All the best, hope it works as smoothly for you as well.

Well done Cee Cee

Zander made the transition easy as, it was as if nothing had happened, so I cant help!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast