Thread: Baby unsettled when DH home??? Anyone else?

Question Baby unsettled when DH home??? Anyone else?

Hey there,
    Just wanting to ask a question of everyone. Does anyone else find that their baby is more unsettled on weekends/when DH home? I don't know if it's the result of having DH home or just a coincidence, but I find DD so much harder on the weekend... She doesn't seem as settled and won't sleep as well - won't go back to sleep after a sleep cycle ... She's very happy and loves being with him though.

I don't know if it's just good that he's there on the bad days or if she's overexcited because he's around / it's noisier at home or if I'm just being less on top of everything because I want a break from the intensity of looking after her & so her routine's not so good.

He is so wonderful with her, totally involved & a hands-on dad, and such a wonderful support to me. We are so blessed to have a husband & daddy who love us so much, so I'm intrigued to find out whether anyone else has the same experience...

Yeah, we have the same issue.

DF works away for 2 weeks at a time, home for 1 week. So I find that when he;'s home she gets really excited I think, but she certainly doesnt sleep as well and is much more velcro lol

Its ok though, DF gets a chance to try and settle her, I still put herto bed though, but we now have a friend from England back living with us, so I thin k next time DF comes home she may be better because shes used to having other people here (not just me all the time)...see how we go

I do find that she is better if we do stick to the routines, and try not to stay up too late...keep her feeding habits/patterns the same.

At the end of the day it doesnt really matter I don't think, just he sleeping I mind, but shes getting better with that just on her own anyway...

But dont worry, youre not alone!

I'm in the opposite sort of position - my DH works at home so he's always around except for Saturdays when he's at golf. I find my DD is far easier to settle when he's not here on that one day so I do think its because there is less stimulation around. I also think it goes back to when she was a tiny baby - I was probably a little more relaxed trying to settle her without being under pressure from thinking she was disturbing DH if she didn't sleep quickly etc.

Yep totally had this problem with DS who is not the greatest of sleepers anyway...when DH was home he was hopeless.
    Doesn't help that DH stomps around the house like a freaking elephant forgetting there are babies trying to sleep

morgan78 Guest

most definately and not only with bubs but with DS as well. DP is wonderful with the kids tho and bubs settles better at night for him.
    And i hate mondays as i get to spend the whole day trying to readjust all of us back.