Thread: bella just hit her head, hard!

Unhappy bella just hit her head, hard!

she hit her head on the coffee table, straight away a bruze came up and lil bump. She cried a bit then was happy 2 go back 2 playing 4 about an hr now has got tired, i put her 2 bed coz shes acted normal 4 an hr. im trying 2 get on2 the nurse now. Will she b ok?

She'll be fine. The amount of times Blake has done this and been fine amazes me. He's always bopping his head on stuff cos he's trying to take steps.

it was really hard!?

what about concusion???

If you're worried, take her to the doc...but if she seems fine, isn't all sleepy and out of it, I'd assume she's completely unharmed (except the bump but if she isn't screaming it musn't have hurt too much).

Hi Kass
    It is a lot harder to pick a concussion in a small child/baby than an adult or an older child.
    Things too look out for are
    * is she behaving normally?
    * can she do the things that she normally would
    * if previously she would grab for a certian object when you held it to her, see if she can do that.
    * is she more sleepy than usual?

If she is acting differently go and get her checked out and tell the hospital that she is acting differently. If she is not she will be fine.

It is amazing how hard you can hit your head without sustaining a concussion or injur other than an egg on your head.
    I would watch for 4 hours - if there has been no change in this time she should be fine... that is how long she would be watched for at a hospital if they were concerned with her.

Try not to worry if she is acting normally thou - we have very hard heads!

thank u 4 getting back 2 me so quickly! The nurse hotline lady just told me by law she has 2 tell me 2 go 2 a doc but she believes that bubs can take a fare fall on the head and that she will prob do worse then that, 2 watch 4 the symptoms that u have also told me 2 watch 4 sammiejane. I will c how she goes thank u both and ashlee i cant believe blake is soon 2 b walking!

Kass!! I agree with all that Sammiejane mentioned re: watching your little one. But its amazing the bumps that little ones can sustain without anything further than a pearler bump/bruise and a cry....but it scares the whatsits out of mummy and daddy! If you're at all concerned just take her to the drs even if its just for your peace of mind. (DD#1 showed up with this disgusting egg/bruise on her temple and frightened the life out of me, didn't even know how or when she did it but she was fine and now she's 3 and /bumping/bruising herself every 2 minutes )

Thinking of you xx