Thread: DD driving me up the wall at nappy change times arghh!!

Default DD driving me up the wall at nappy change times arghh!!

As the title says....shes driving me mental!! Nappy changes and clothes changes.....driving me insane

As soon as we walk into her room she starts! I lie her down on the table, she flips over and sits up, I lie her down, she goes mental coz im trying to hold her down and trying to take her clothes and nappy off. She does like 3 poos a day so that doesnt help. Shes got a bit of nappy rash from teething/acid poos thats not going away so thats doesnt help either! I get that it must hurt! but she makes it worse for herself flipping all over the place!!! She got poo every where today omg it was gross!! Im trying to hold her down, hoping im not hurting her, she had a lil bruise on her ankle the other day, i feel so bad coz i think it was from me if she would just stay still!!!! arghh!!!

I try and distract her with different things, shes got heaps to look at, i sing to her, talk to her, nothing works!!!

How can I make it easier on myself and her??

Ah, it's very frustrating isn't it. DD Ian too bad, but I know most of my friends have had issues.

Do you offer a toy to hold? I do that, and I also give DD the pants/skirt that I've just removed and encourage her to play peek-a-boo. We do this so regularly now that I just drop the clothing on her face now and she looks after the rest! I also only keep her lying down for the essentials, and do the rest with her sitting up. If she's just nit in the mood I find reciting one of her favourite books much more effective than singing for some reason.

If I'm doing a complete outfit change I do it on her bedroom floor rather than on the change unit, and I let her stand up and hold onto her cot as she's much happier this way.

GL!

Ooooh I am SO there with you! Does she have something 'forbidden' that she absolutely LOVES but doesn't get very often?? My DS has a few of those things, one is the tube of bum butter, another is the red rubber lid cap thingy from his Take & Toss Cups (that probably made NO sense at all, so just take my word for it hehe) and when we lay him down and he starts cracking a fuss, we give him one of these and my gosh the happiness on his face! He would let us happily change 10 nappies while he lies there playing with his 'forbidden' something.. It's obviously not a long term fix, I am sure he will get over them sometime but for now, makes nappy changes ALOT easier and hopefully by the time he is finished with being fascinated byt them we're into Pull Ups or something?

DS also HATES being put on the change table after his bath to be dressed for bed, so we always save a quarter of his dinner bottle for this time and while we're moisturising him, popping a nappy on and doing up his buttons, he is drinking his bottle...

Not sure if I have helped with anything, you've probably tried everything so I'll send you a big hit of LUCK as well! I know how frustrating it can be when even a 1 minute job takes 10 and is such an ordeal! I hope it gets better soon hun! xx

I gave up on the change table once he started moving about & do all changes on the floor. I give him something to hold (if its not a toy he's happier - he loves the remotes best) and occasionally I put my foot on his tummy to hold him down.

Yup, I'm with you!! Missy has in the past week just started this rolling around when changing. I do her nappy on the floor now on a change mat and then get her dressed on my knee where I can hold onto her!!

Little rascals!! Just wait till they are running around and we are chasing them trying to get them dressed LOL

Sue x

oh sounds tricky! my DD is pretty good so I don't have many suggestions but one thing I do is throw her clothes at her...so I take a sock off, I throw it in her face, etc , etc she loves it!

i give jackson something naughty... atm it's a tube of marcallen cream. somtimes it's his amber necklace ><;;
    it's terrible isn't it?! Just today jackson did a massive poo, and between trying to keep him still, and trying to keep his hands off his doodle, he managed to get it all thru his hair -.-;

Our ds was, and still is like this. We have tried giving him toys as well. Sometimes it's a book, a remote control or the TV, even the car keys a couple of times lol.. Lately we have been giving him some bum wipes and he wipes the wall down while we change him. Sometimes a bottle with a drink would work too. Nappies maybe? The last few weeks (and I realise my little man is a bit older in age) we have been showing him the shirt he will wear for the day, and he cuddles it while we change him out of his wet nappy.

I could have written this myself! I know exactly how you feel, I just feel like smacking DD the way she carries on. She just rolls and rolls and rolls, and I end up really late for any appointment.
    AliciaMrsS is right, a forbidden toy is quite effective, you just have to try and always have one on hand, and hope it works!
    Are you using cloth? When I finally just get the main nappy on I just give up on covers and clothes and let her loose!

We have this problem too. Nothing works here, we have tried EVERYTHING. We have resorted to (gently!) pinning him to the floor with his arms/ shoulders while we do the wiping then sitting/ standing him up to put the nappy on. He screams bloody murder sometimes but it's got to be done.
    We also use huggies nappy pants, they make life soo much easier!

Nappy pants are the best! We use babylove. Gave up on the change table very quickly. We use a boomerang pillow on the floor and have made a game out of it, 1.2.3 and he launches himself backwards. Now that he's a bit older (16 months) he'll get the pillow and a nappy and get himself set up. We still have days when I have to pin him down too, but at least it's not every change anymore!

I could have written your post myself I'm sure the neighbours think I'm trying to kill DS at nappy change time he screams so loud and kicks and twists and flips, we've also had poo where poo shouldn't be, and I'm always hoping I'm not hurting him when I try to hold him still!

I try to find something he's either not allowed to have or that he's never seen before, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't
    When it's time for a full change I sometimes undress and dress in parts, so while he's sitting on my lap I'll try to take his top off etc... so by the time we get to nappy at least it's only nappy screaming then try to get the clothes on by waiting til he's sitting up playing, this doesn't always work either.

I have also found baby legs to be great, then there's no worry of pants on and off at nappy change.

I also gave up the change table ages ago, it got way too scary!