Thread: Explosive Newborn poo

Red face Explosive Newborn poo

Just wondering if this is normal...

Molly Jane has regular poo's but they are very explosive, i mean she raises her legs and lifts her bum and shoots it out - she has shot it distances of over a meter!!

She also waits (or seems too) for me to undo the nappy cover to do these poo's... we have a bit of a pattern now, i undo the outer cover, leave the nappy on, she poos and then i clean her up (not a bad routine really for a 2 week old!) but sometimes she does her normal squirt and then catches me off guard and ready aims and fires for another one, usually spraying the wall, tallboy and our new carpet!!!
    the poo is an orangey slimy liquid (no chunks) sorry TMI

Although i find this relatively amusing and sometimes PMSL it is also a bit frustrating too.

So, what i am trying to ask in my ramblings, is this poo normal? and how long should i expect this to last?

Thanks

sounds pretty normal to me! I remember when Tahlia was that age she used to cover me in it! As soon as I took the nappy off, out it would come!

I'm sure it's all normal!
    I almost copped one from Alexander yesterday...
    Do you find it's AFTER they've finished letting off... normally he farts for a good five minutes, i think im safe, and then here comes a little dribbly poo everywhere... We're never really safe are we...

Give your CHN a ring if you're worried?? But im sure it'll be fine.
    Hope it settles down soon for your walls, carpets and YOUR sake soon.

Thanks guys,

Ashnut - there are no farts (she is a dainty girl and there is none of that ) just an explosion of poo!!!

Had a check up today and the reason that she is doing them is that she is getting rid of excess Breast milk - i guess she is like her Dad, what ever his body doesnt need, he just poo's it out (sorry TMI) which means that he never has a weight change (or very rarely!)

My dd was like that at the same age and now at 4 month will only poo once a week and it is still explosive normally she will do it in the nappy but it escapes iykwim.

Love the name by the way my DD is Molly Kate. I nearly had Molly Jane as Jane is my middle name but i've always loved the name Kate.

sounds fine to me to, just a bit of a messy job to clean you got your self a very healthy baby well done !

Oh so remember those lovely explosions! DD#1 managed a perfect 10 on one particular shoot......thank goodness the carpet was already kakky coloured It was the fact that I had literally just turned my head away after putting cream on her little bot bot.....omg....seconds longer................blerk!

Your bubby sounds so normal! Its just the ongoing clean ups that aren't that fun hey?

Ashnut - i take it back - she aint no lady when her bottom trumpets
    this has started over the last 2 days, cant belive such a little thing makes sooooo much noise!

I had another explosion yesterday, and my DD is 4 months old! I heard some rumblings while she was feeding, and when I moved her, it was all over my tshirt, pants, her clothes and the pillow she was lying on!

Oh Sammiejane, I had to laugh at your post. We had lots of exploding poos in the early weeks and it went all over the carpet, reached the cot, my shirt, and my expensive white Sheridan quilt cover. Needless to say, I wasn't very happy cleaning up the mess at 11pm when I was already seriously sleep deprived! We don't have the exploding poos anymore but she does like to unload into a nice fresh nappy and we wait for at least 5 minutes after we hear the farties to make sure everything is out before we go and change her.

Hey SammyJane,
    This explosive poo is very normal for bfding babies! Reading all these stories I just thank God my ds never pooed without his nappy!
    But at first it was going in at one end and shooting out the other!

I remember having an explosive poo experience, all over me, all over the change table and all over the carpet which was a cream color. Luckily for us by coincidence we'd booked to have our carpets cleaned the next day! I remember not knowing where to start to clean it all up thank god Df was home at the time.