Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GroBags

Question GroBags

Hi everyone,

I have been thinking about buying a grobag for DD as think it would be great for winter as her covers dont stay on her..
    I went to babies galore and had a look...$90 for the brand ones.. i didnt buy it because i wasnt 100 % sure about them.

DD is a tummy sleeper, can she turn onto her tummy while in the gro bag? Is it likely to frustrate her? Is it something that is recommended from a young age? Any one else introduce one later on? Would love to know everyones opinions on them.

sophie has slept in a sleeping bag (the snugtime ones, much cheaper) since 10 weeks, she ends up all over the cot now she can move, she turns very easily

krissie04 Guest

In relation to sleeping, i am currently using a swaddle and i am finding he is always struggling to get out of it but if i dont put him in it he wont sleep. I dont like using Muslin Wraps so any advice on what i can use before going out and looking for something else?

I love the Snugtime ones too- they are TOG rated like the Grobags but only cost about $30. Myer also have some summer ones that are like sheet material at the bottom which look great for summer - Im not sure what brand they are though. I use them every night except when its 40 degrees and shes just in a nappy but they are great and I love knowing shes covered because although I tuck her in at the start of the night I know she moes all around her cot and is nowhere near her blankets when she wakes.
    HtH!

I forgot to look what age you DD is but grobag brand some are on sale at their stockist for like $34 the only one in Jacks size was 2.5 tog

Google Bambini Pronto - they have some on special at the moment. I have been looking at them just this morning and telling myself that I'm not allowed to buy any just yet!

TL thats who I was talking bout just didn't know if we could mention the name

I got DS's Grobag brand new from ebay, from memory it only costs me about $40-$50 including postage.

we used a sleeping bag when she was about 4 months or so, but when she started moving about we stopped.... i tried to re-introduce one the other week and she was furious, so frustrated... she likes to sit and talk and also stand at the side of the cot before she goes to bed, and i think the grobag frustrated her as she could'nt move about like normal.... im devastated as i have just bought two (not grobags, but cheaper ones) and also been given two actual grobags, so i am keen for her to use them.... especially cos often she feels quite cold as she sleeps with no covers at all. not sure whether to keep persisting or give up.

I used a grobag with DS from 5 months until about 22 months.
    He is a tummy sleeper who rolls all over the cot. the only time its was an very minor issue is when he'd change sizes and the larger size had a lot of extra leg room, but here was never a safety issue.

I have also used the living textiles sleeping bags which are tog rated and cheaper than grobags.

We had a snugtime one but it was a car-type bag with the hole for the seatbelt, and DS used to get his legs stuck in the hole so I stoppped using those ones unless we were actually travelling

He had no issues sitting and standing in it either.

Hmmmm thanks everyone. I still dunno what i will do.. maybe a cheap one to see how she goes in it...before she can sit up or i see myself getting up all through the night in winter when she wakes up at the top of her cot uncovered.

i tried our dd in one last night, she went to sleep okay, which really surprised me, but she woke at 11.20pm and cried, and i took her out of it and changed her into pjs, i offered a bottle but she was to awake and worked up, so i had to let her play for a while before putting her back down.... now i cant say whether it was the grobag or something else that woke her, but i cant remember the last time she cried out in the night, so am thinking it was the grobag..... im too chicken to try it again tonight so i think i will just put her in pjs..... if the grobag thing doesn't work out, in winter i am just going to buy super warm pj's and have layers, plus we have a heater in her room, so should be okay i guess.... its annoying though, wish i had of put her in one earlier so it wasn't an issue.

DS has been in a grobag since 12 weeks, and I love it! He has all different TOGs hand he always keeps warm.

Ohhh...thats what im afraid of Emma... that she will wait up and cry coz she feels restrained. Hmmm i wish i put her in one earlier but then i think i didnt because their werent any in her size as she was born early. I think some fleece pjs...or even trackies for winter.. still i should try it..one night..

Mez they are still pretty roomy in there so I wouldnt think she would feel too restricted, Izzy can still roll over and sit up in hers. Maybe try one and see how you go, and if it doesnt work you can always sell it on ebay? The resale is great on them because they are so popular. Good luck!

ok, will do. Will have a look today. Thanks

I love them! Oskar doesn't seem to mind it either. I think that the first 2 or 3 nights he was possibly a little more restless but then got used to it. I think it was the extra material in the length but he worked out how to roll from side to side in it by flicking his legs right over...lol. I have 2 different rated ones and am thinking of getting the one mentioned from Myer which is just like a sheet. Anyway, love them

I never had a prob with Charlie going into his grobag, think he's been in one since about 6months when he started to roll all over the cot. I started as it stopped him getting his legs caught in the bars & would then sleep longer naps etc...now I love not having to even have any blankets in the bed. Just into pj's, grobag & into the cot. I really don't think they feel restricted, that's prob just a Mum worrying. The arems are not covered & there is plenty of leg room. Charlie is always sitting up in the morn when I get him out, finds no probs moving about & he sleeps on his tummy & I've even seen him crawl a little in it.
    I got mine from Bambini Pronto too, they do often have specials on, just a matter of if you like that particular design (I'm a bit fussy).
    I needed more than one incase of accident during the night, so opted for cheaper version & the material is no way near a soft or nice & doesn't have the bit over the zip that stops it rubbing. So I prefer to spend a bit extra.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast