Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jolly jumper?

Chiropractic Association says they are the spawn of the devil. Or words to that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Audax View Post
    Chiropractic Association says they are the spawn of the devil. Or words to that effect.
    Gosh, that's a bit harsh! There is going to be a few entire generations beating each other with sticks to get to the chiros when they are older then No offence to you Audax, that was a stab at the Chiro Association

SugarDust Guest

I have one which I haves used for all 3 boys and they loved it!

I'm now looking to sell it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean View Post
    Gosh, that's a bit harsh! There is going to be a few entire generations beating each other with sticks to get to the chiros when they are older then No offence to you Audax, that was a stab at the Chiro Association
    Yeah, that's something, hey? You'd think, if it were actually so bad, they'd recommend it, to drum up business for themselves? Hmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by Audax View Post
    Yeah, that's something, hey? You'd think, if it were actually so bad, they'd recommend it, to drum up business for themselves? Hmmm....
    Exactly!!!

Hehe, I'm taking bubby to a chiro tomorrow so might just slip it into the conversation and see how it goes down.
    I'm such a stirrer hehe.

It will tell you on the box, the maximum time bub should spend in it. I think its 2x20min sessions a day, but get longer with age, or something like that but don't quote me.

We used to slingshot a friends brother when we were kids, looking back, probably not the safest thing to do.

OMG, missy LOVES her JJ. Just loves it.

I put music on and she bounces around like a crazy woman!
    She was dancing to the Beatles and Mark Ronson yesterday! LMAO!

Hehe. Too funny!

I think that we might also get a Jumperoo too though, they look awesome as well!

Sue x

Glad she loves it .

I used a Jumperoo for DD (it was safer from her brothers LOL) and she LOVED it!

We have a Jolly Jumper and our 6 month old LOVES it.
    She has been in it since around 4 months, the box says from 3 months (or when head control is reasonable) and yeah, it does start at 2 x 20 minute sessions a day.
    I think it says a maximum of an hour at a time. We've never left DD in it that long, probably 40 minutes at the most, I always put on a CD or one of her music DVDs when she is in the JJ. I think I read somewhere babies can start to pick up on tempo and adjust their bounces accordingly. Must say, I've never seen DD adjust her speed of bounce, she just goes and goes in it regardless. But I figure using the jump time as music time combines two fun activities.

In our house the JJ is a godsend, saved my sainty on many afternoons. We've had a really, really unsettled little girl and some days the JJ is the ONLY place DD is happy. It's also great to pop her in and cook dinner - she can see me from where it's hanging and I get both hands free to cook!

I have been told by almost all physio, chiro, sensory play and sleep advisors that Jolly Jumpers are just about the work of the devil.
    Not sure why they get such a bad wrap - I can understand that if you left your kid in it all day everyday they might get the wrong idea on how to walk and stand on two feet ... but like everything else in life, using it in moderation should be fine.
    I know people hate to hear it, but JJ were around when we were younger, and geeze we all turned out OK and managed to work out this walking business!!

Also, I find DD sleeps so much better after a short burst in the JJ, they don't call it a 'scientific baby exerciser' for nothing!

I read the whole thread and was going to ask how old a bub has to be to go in one and the last post answered that question

I think my bubba would love it, she is always trying to look around and move. Though i dont have a decent door frame to put her in as my living area is open plan.. hmm may just have to have it on her bedroom door frame and ill sit and play with her

Whats the difference between a jolly jumper and a jumparoo?

KM- you can buy a frame to attach it to instead of using a door way. We bought one for about $90 from Babyco.

Ooh.. thank you!! that sounds better. And not all that $$

We got one for DS when he was about 6 mths. He loved it, we only used it once or twice a day for around 10 mins each go. It was brilliant in the afternoons when it was typically his unsettled time. They say walkers are bad too, infact there is probably someone somewhere that says almost everything is bad re: baby products. In other words I think our mothers intuition is often more trustworthy than the advice of others sometimes (even "professionals", I am very anti chiropractor tho so would never take notice to what they said). Btw, we have a large steel hook which is screwed into a beam in our living room opening, it came in the JJ box along with the clamp for the doorways. I have seen the stands/frames at toys r us.

When I had missy weighed the other day, i was telling the nurse about the JJ and she said that DD is too young for it. She says from around 7-8 months that they should be able to use it.

I'm keeping missy from using it for a couple of months anyway, she has a sore leg which isn't getting better being on the JJ all the time.

Which is a shame as she really loves it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12