Thread: Squealing

Default Squealing

Hi there

Charlotte is now just over 4 months old and has discovered squealing. She has been doing it for a few weeks, and I dont mind her playing with her voice and what not, however the last few days, in particular the last hour, she has been making no other noise.

And I mean a long, drawn out, VERY loud VERY high pitched squeal. She seems happy enough, is not in pain (I dont htink...) not hot/cold...clean nappy, just fed and burped...all the usuals covered.

So I suppose what I want to know is 1: Is this normal - what is the normal rate of squealing? 2: Is there anything I can do to discourage her from squealing and 3: Am I missing something? I think she is getting a tooth - could this be why she is squealing? Or could it mean someting else...

All help appreciated please as my ears are seriously copping it - she is REALLY loud!!

TIA
    Alexis

I wish I could help you, but my 1 year old does this too - it is soooooooo loud, and so totally unnecessary! She can be sitting in her high-chair, having just finished lunch, and will scream/squeal, or she will be walking around and do it, again and again and again. And completely ignore us, or laugh at us when we tell her not to do it! Cheeky thing!

dont tell me that!!! lol
    That is what i hope to avoid! I reeeeealy dont want her to be a squealer....*sigh* hope its just a phase

DS has recently started doing this too..in the bubs club movie this morning !!!!..DD never did it. My DNephew did it as a baby and is now a very quiet child.

It could be a phase.. my DS went through it and squealed so loud my ears rang for ages afterwards and I swear, my mind went completely blank too
    hasn't done it in ages - now he's just back to screaming... not much better in the car though...
    Good luck!!!!!
    My tip - play LOUD music... or squeal back at her

Aiden is doing this now as well. Very cute, but, also abit embarassing when in public. He is just having fun etc, but, they are to little to tell them off for doing it. I am hoping he grows out of it.

Hi Limeslice,

Kimberley has recently learnt to squeal too.. And she has days where it is all she does. The more I talk to her and try and distract her, the louder she gets. For her it is funny, she can be louder than me. When I mentioned it to a colleague, he told me that his daughter cleared a restaurant cause it was her new noise and she was it showing off..

If she is content and isn't showing signs of distress, I wouldn't worry about it. When Kimberley was teething, there was no screams, just grizzles... HTH