Thread: When to start 'Tummy Time'?

Default When to start 'Tummy Time'?

I can't remember from DS#1... when do you start tummy time?? DS#2 has relux so I have not been putting him on his tummy. Is there any set time to start? How long each time?

Thanks,

We do tummy time every day and have done so from 2 weeks old. DD started holding her head up from 1 week so we just decided to go for it.

We only do it for about 5-10minutes or when I see her getting tired but the earlier you start, the more they will like it as they are used to it from a young age.

HTH

SugarDust Guest

My mchn told me to start when Lach was 2 weeks old for 5 mins a day!

From birth!!!

We laid DS on our tummies from birth. No reason to do it otherwise. Especially if baby has good head strength already.

You can start now. My m/w told me to start as soon as the cord stump fell off.

I was told by the MCHN to start tummy time from birth. For as long as the baby handles it. They will let you know when they've had enough. It may only be a minute, but you'll know it that's for sure.

We started as soon as I came home from hospital on day 4. For as long as DD liked it and when she got upset and started crying we would change her position.... mainly onto her back then. She had a strong head and neck from day 1!

My mchn told me to start as soon as possible as it helps the reflex to life their heads and this helps to start the crawling reflex. My bub loves it especially when he does have wind i find the pressure on his belly helps. Just don't leave them unattended as they can get tired quickly.
    Good luck

We started as soon as the stump fell off too which was about 1w old. DD holds her head up really well now and can roll from her tummy to back when she gets sick of it.

Wow Nai, DD is doing well to be rolling already! Must be keeping you busy! xx

DD had been put on her tummy from as soon as birth practically! As she's been pretty sicky recently I now do it after a nap and before I feed her. Seems to make her a bit less likely to vom all over me!