Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ricki Lake Birth Documentary: The Business of Being Born

Nope FJ. Abbey had just gotten out of hosp on 8th december and I had forgotten about it with a sick baby. Maybe next time it's on close by....

oh of course, sorry

LOL, its ok

TICKETS ARE SOLD OUT! Please e-mail Megan at [email protected] to express your interest in attending a second screening that may be organised if there is enough interest. You may also wish to note if you could attend either a daytime and/or evening screening, given the venue is babes-in-arms only.

Brisbane Screening

Monday 11th February, 10am, tickets $10

Griffith University, College of Art Campus, Southbank

Graduate Centre Building S07 Room 1.23

(directly behind Ship Inn Hotel)

Please be aware that ticket sales will be availabe to The Business of being Born on Monday 14th January from www.homebirth.org.au via the paypal system as to ensure online security.

I urge you to set up a paypal account if you have not already done so @ www.paypal.com.au
    These accounts can take a couple of days to be activated.
    Last edited by Cyathea; February 1st, 2008 at 07:19 AM.

Bumping for those who may want to express an interest in a second Brisbane screening

Got my ticket for the Brisbane screening, cannot wait !

Smile

Just curious who got to see this movie? I can't wait til its on dvd here in Australia

When will it be available on DVD? And where can we buy it? Will you be selling it Kell?

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

They'll release it here when they have a deal over here I think... waiting for a big company to fork out perhaps. But no plans as yet.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

smiles4u Guest

Question

Will it be screening in Melbourne or somewhere in Victoria at any point in time soon ??

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I've put on three screenings since December last year and there has been a screening with another group too, so I don't think it will happen anytime soon...

I confirmed with the BOBB team and they said they are waiting for deals to distribute the film here and put it on TV too.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

I missed the QLD screenings , does anyone know if there are any more planned?

I watched this documentary a couple of nights ago and I highly recommend it. Although a lot of the content is directed at what is happening in the US in regards to birthing, I still think that it is highly approriate for what also seems to be an increasing trend in Australia.

While the documentary hasn't convinced me to have a home-birth when I am lucky enough to fall pregnant, it HAS confirmed my current choices in my natural birth-plan and made me feel more confident not only in my choices, but in my faith in my own body.

I hope everyone else that has seen the documentary has enjoyed it, and gained as much from it as I have

I watched this with DF on saturday night and I have to say

THANKYOU

to belly belly for putting this out there and promoting this doco - had it not been for you guys I probably would not have heard of this and would have gone on to use my ob. (even with everythign else I have read on BB etc I sstill wanted my ob, until I watched this)

YOU HAVE SAVED ME NEARLY $3,000.00!!!!!!!!!!

I am now booking in to the labour ward (birthing centre full but looks promising that they might be able to fit me in - not quite sure how that works??!!) so hopefully natural no drug, no intervention delivery here we come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitt3n View Post

YOU HAVE SAVED ME NEARLY $3,000.00!!!!!!!!!!
    And probably alot more besides, Kitt3n

It's great that you got so much from the film...I think the beauty of it is that it conveys so well what alot of us here bang on about, day in day out - in such a powerful way! Wonderful film, I can't wait to see it again Good luck for your birth!

Does anyone know if you can Buy it here yet? or when or where I could see it... would love to have it at home as I would love for my DS and DD1 to be at the birth of number 4 not the I am even UTD yet LOL but think it would be good for them to see what a birth would be like...

Would it be a good thing for them to see before they see me or not ?

tali, i dont know if your kids would sit through the whole thing but I wouldnt have a problem with DD watching it.

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

Tali belly belly sells them they have just arrived in stock and I recieved mine on friday in the mail!!!

Havent had a chance to watch it yet hope to this week.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast