Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: January 19,2008 - Sazzafrazz's baby girl is here!!

Huge congratulations Sazz on the safe arrival of Celeste, you had such a long journey to get her, wishing you a speedy recovery and the sweetest babymoon ever!

Julie x

Thank you, thank you, thank you everyone for your love, congratulations and good wishes!!! Your support on bb has made the journey easier and I feel so honoured to have so many ppl wishing us well.
    Celeste, DH and I came home yesterday (finally, thank goodness) and have had the best time at home being "we 3". Celseste is a dream baby now that she is here, and settles and sleeps so well that we have to wake her to feed her. The feeding is a bit of a problem as she wont attach so we are expressing but that is our only worry.
    The birth was a bit of a drama and I have struggled emotionally with it but physically I have come up really good, even going for a 3km walk last night and tonight

I went in for induction on thursday night, but because the labour took soooo long to establish ( what a surprise: long time TTC, long pregnancy, I think I see a pattern emerging) that friday night I spent a long time on a monitor to see if she was ok. She wasnt. Her heart rate dropped with every contraction and didnt recover very well so that we went for a real emergency c-section. (My scar is pretty crooked cause the doctor was in such a hurry but I dont do that much bikini modeling these days anyhow.)
    Celeste's head was born on friday and her body was born on saturday!!!! She was looking around as soon as her head was out and she breathed on her own immediately to everyone's relief. She got a telling off by the doctor for having him so worried. We have been inundated by ppl giving gifts and cards and feel like the luckiest people in the world to have our little girl safe and healthy in our arms after all these years and a close call at the end.
    I hope to have pictures on here as soon as I figure out how ... (baby brain and technology challanged).
    Thanks again everyone!!!
    Love from Sazz and Celeste!

welcome home celeste! and sazz of course!!!

what an amazing story! so happy for you all that everthing was ok in the end and that you have a beautiful baby girl!

Glad you are home OK Sazz, thank you Celeste for waiting until my birthday!! Don't worry about the attachment issues you'll work it out eventually!

Oh Sazz honey - congratulations on making a beautiful little girl - I'm so glad that she came out safe and sound even if she did give you what must have been a heck of a scare!

Oh and well done on the three km walk - you are doing ace! The emotions following any birth, but especially one that ends in emergency c/s, can be pretty full-on - don't be afraid to let that emotion release itself - talking it through can really help to process what you have experienced. I found that writing my birth story really helped me - it was an important part of the healing process.

Enjoy your lovely little Celeste!

I know what you mean Suse, yesterday is the only day that I haven't cried! Oh boy I was a mess for about 3 days in hospital, especially with a woman we knew from our antenatal classes labouring next door to us on day 3... really reminded me of what I had hoped for and the trauma that we got instead. I am getting better each day though. It isnt so much that I missed out on a vag birth but what it turned out to be instead that is the problem. It was the most scared I have ever been, scarier than 15months ago when DH had a nasty brain infection. Anyhow, I have to focus on what we got out of it in the end, not what could have happened. And we got a good one!!!
    I think I spoke too soon re the sleeping. Celeste failed to grow during the last few weeks of preg. due to a failing umbilical cord, and is now powering up with her feeding. She was awake from 4.30am to 7.30am this morning and fed 3 times! I am finding the expressing a pain in the bum but she is giving the attachment a real go most days. Hopefully soon we will get it together.

Awww, Celeste sounds lovely! Good luck with everything Sazz.

YAY SAZZ!!!!!!! Congratualtions such a beautiful name too.

oh welcome back Sazz - I'm so glad that you're back and have your gorgeous little girl with you - I'm sorry to hear that the finish was frightening but I'm sure you are well aware of how worth it, it really was - enjoy your baby moon.

PS - Hope she learns to attach real soon - we had the same stupid problem here but BJ was too lazy to give it a real good go - iykwim - I suppose I'll cut him some slack, he was close to a month early afterall take care hun

Sazz - Congrats to you & we look forward to seeing pics of your beautiful girl Celeste!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123