Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January - March 2005 #3

Default Babies Born January - March 2005 #3

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in March 2005.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Sherie - [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Astrolady - [email protected]
    Christy [email protected]
    Lea13 [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

March '05

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby:
    Baby's Name:
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:

Forum Name: Naomi
    State: SA
    Baby's DOB: 14th February, 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 7lb 3oz - 48cms - 34cms
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Ryan Lewis
    Baby's Website: none yet
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes: Ended up being a repeat c-section due to turning breech at the last minute.

Forum Name: nellbe
    State:Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 17th February, 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 3700g - 51cm - 33cm
    Baby Name(s): Matthew Albert
    Baby's Website: none yet
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) none yet
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) born on due date
    __________________________________________________ _______

Forum Name: zola
    State: TAS
    Baby's DOB: 3rd March '05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 10lb 6oz (4.725kg) - 53cm - 37cm
    Baby's Name: Sebastian John Raymond
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: 6 days early, elective c-section

Forum Name: bellasmum
    State: vic
    Baby's DOB:7th March 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 2830g(6lb4oz)-50cm-33.2cm
    Gender of Baby:female
    Baby's Name: Isabella Rose Lucinda(bella)
    Baby's Website: n/a
    Health Concerns: none now
    Notes: induced 3 weeks early due to iso immunisation, cord wrapped tightly around neck, required full blood exchange at 4 hrs old, quadruple phototherapy for 4 days,double phototherapy for 2 days.3 months of age had another blood transfusion and 4 months old .

Forum Name: Trish
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB:8 March 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3710gm 8lb 2oz Length - 50cm Head Circ - 34.5cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Tehya Makenzie
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/t/trisharae
    Health Concerns: Mild Jaundice
    Notes: 1 day early, home waterbirth

Forum Name: Bec G
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 10 - 03 - 2005
    Baby's Name: Eliza Jayne
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: c-sect due to cervical stitch and gest diabetes 37 weeks
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 3170 gms, 48.5cm
    Baby's Name: Sienna Catherine
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes:

Forum Name: Dinky
    Baby's DOB: 17 March, 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 2720g - 45cm - 33cm
    Baby's Name: Hayley Nola
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: Wind, reflux, nasal congestion
    possible heart problem
    Notes: 5.5wks early emergeny c/s after prom

Forum Name: ange-par (Angela)
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB:19-03-2005
    Baby's Name: Ella Grace
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: Emergency c-section due to 3 failed attempts at being induced and health problems

Forum Name: Tanya
    Baby's DOB: 20/03/05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3730g (8lb 40z) Length - 53cm (21in) Head Circ - 36cm
    Baby's Name: Violet Crystal
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/i/insideofme
    Health Concerns: none...yet
    Notes: 40weeks 1day, NVD, breastfeeding

Forum Name: Sarah_H
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 20th March '05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 8lb 14oz Length - 55cm Head Circ - 35cm
    Baby's Name: Alexzander David Paul
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/s/sarah_aaron_baby
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: 8 days late, 36hr labour which failed to progress ended in c/section

Forum Name: simone
    State: VIC
    Baby's DOB: 20/3/05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3519g Length - 52cm Head Circ - 36
    Gender of Baby: BOY
    Baby's Name: Declan Christopher
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes: born 3 weeks early, had mild jaundice.
    __________________________________________________ ____

Forum Name: Debbie Lee
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 21 March 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 8lbs Length 50.5cm- Head Circ - 34cms
    Baby's Name: Gabrielle Lee
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/l/littlenobba/
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: Emergency C-Section after baby showed signs of distress. The cord was wrapped around her neck!!
    __________________________________________________ ______

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Catch up with your old thread found Here

Love

ME ME ME First have nothing to say
    Bec

I presume Ms Lizie is sleeping well Daddy and Jenna out like lights. I might have to do some sewing

Debbie Lee Guest

Fi - bummer @ the letter. I do wonder how Shane's ex is influencing things tho...

Yeah I wrote ahuge reply in the last thread and then when I went to post it it was locked. Can't copy and paste so I lost the post.

Fi, what I had said was perhaps you can tell her that she can have the money but she has to come visit to pick it up ??? She has a gorgeous little sister that she is missing out on seeing, as well as the rest of her family. I also said something about his ex's influence on the children. Perhaps as they get older they will start thinking more for themselves too.

I agree with what you said to about Mark's letter and I'm not at all taking it lightly. I haven't responded to him as I really don't know what to say. Of course I care if he is truely feeling like this, his feelings are valid and I guess in a way warranted too. I think I need to cut back on my PC time when he is home, this is my way of relaxing though, he has his ways and I have mine. He hates it when I am on the computer, says it's the worst money spent. Even though I am paying for it I told him atleast it's getting used, better than spending money on something that catches dust.

I bet things will be quite strained when he gets in, either that or he will talk like nothing was said (or written)

Debbie Lee Guest

Trish - Neil has been commenting on how much time I spend on the computer too. I think he forgets how much time he used to spend on it doing "research' for his failed business... grrr!
    Maybe make a concerted effort to not go near it when Mark is home and he might start feeling a bit better about it all?

OMG... hahaha... you should all see Gabby. She LOVES that Nelly Furtado song "Maneater" (I know... delightful!). Anyway, it's on TV atm and Gab had got hold of her tushy with both hands and is wiggling her butt fron side to side with the biggest grin on her face. Hahahaha... it's hilarious! Oh... now the hands are up in the air doing the "Praise Jesus" dance, hahahaaha.... what a cack!
    Last edited by Debbie Lee; October 16th, 2006 at 03:20 PM.

LMAO at Gab, sounds like she's areal groover. Tehya likes Shakira's song, Hips don't lie. She dances around like a mad chook.

Oh forgot to grose you all out and tell you what she did the other day. Teh kept taking her nappy off so we ended up leaving her that way, I got out some undies (little Pebbles one's, looks just like Teh) anyway, they lasted all of 2 minutes. She was dancing around being a nut and grabbing her fanny -as they do. She puts a finger down, between her lips (yes, those ones) then puts it in her MOUTH !!! My nieces nearly threw up, I cracked up laughing and Mark grosed out and looked away. I said to him, just the kind of woman you like hey Mark.

Poor Tehya, was totally oblivious to it all. Oh well, she's tasted her own poo before so why not that too

Forgot to say that I am getting old.

Joel is 15 today. Oh my, how the years are going by. Hmm wonder how old he'll be when he moves out

Debbie Lee Guest

Awww happy birthday Joel!! Wow... 15, hey?? Any wonder you feel old, Trish
    PMSL @ Tehya! Awww... she doesn't know it's a nordy thing to do!!
    Had to laugh at what you said to Mark tho!!

What a crackup on Tehya. Little ratbag!! Jenna likes her noo-noo too

Yes - the letter unfortunately has Shane's ex written all over it. Despite the fact its not her writing, what sort of mum puts that crap into their child's head. Fancy saying that we dont pay for them. Shane has been split up for about 4 years, and in that time he has paid well over $25000 in child support alone. Not to mention all the gifts, the clothes the toys etc....
    Anyway, we are still trying to figure out what to do. I'm tempted to front up to the school and give the money to her at the admin counter, and help her pay what needs to be paid then and there.

Computer time is limited here too. I'm only allowed a certain amount of time. So at the moment I have dinner cooking and I'm sneaking 10mins. He gets pretty angry too, but then I love my TV, so we tend to spend 1-2 hrs in front of TV each night. And we have dinner as a family, so he can't complain too loudly.....

Debbie Lee Guest

what sort of mum puts that crap into their child's head
    My Mum did it to us all the time, Fi. She's the queen of emotional blackmail As for going to the school, the ex has probably warned them not to allow you or Shane to see the kids - both my Mum and my Dad did that to us at various times. It's such a sucky situation for kids to be in (no matter the age). Who knows what she's telling them??

Ooo Grey's anatomy is on tonight. Yee har! Gonna get my Chris O'Donnel (sp?) fix! Yummmmmmm!

Fi, I think the only way they can stop you from going near the school is by a custody arrangement. But, it's not like your trying to see the child or take her out of school so I don't see the problem.

I try very hard not to bag out Shane in front of the boy's. They have realised it enough now as they have gotten older, although Joel still has him up on a pedalstool.

Good to see that my man isn't the only one who hates us spending time on the computer. Mark has taken the little ones up to the shop to grab milk and bread so i can grab time now without peeing him off. We all eat dinner around the table as a family too. Generally one baths kids while the other cooks. Then who ever didn't cook does the dishes, usually me there coz Mark does do alot of the cooking.

He came home this afternoon and I was laying on the lounge with Teh, things have been ok as I suspected. Obviously he was p'd off lastnight when he wrote the letter, we had a hard day with the kids so that may have added to his mood. Now he know's what I put up with everyday with them, good that they aren't all well behaved as soon as he is at home though.

Have been trying to change the text in my sig and of course it all says that it's too long. I take out heaps of text and spaces and it's still too long. Looks like Tehya will be 18 months for a very long time then. I'm not taking the other kids names off there.

There are no problems with school - I have talked to Sams teachers/counsellors in the past, and we actually get the kids school reports. We also get invited to parent teacher interviews, but we haven't gone.
    Still not sure what to do. Shane has taken the money out, and is prepared to give it to her, which I'm AOK with, but we just have to figure out how to do it. I wont give a child money for trying to make her father, who loves her very, very much, feel guilty.
    Hmmmm - I've asked Shane to call the shcool tomorrow to talk to her teacher.
    Kitchen is tidy, washing is on, house is tidy, child in bed, and I have 15mins before Idol gets interesting, and then of course Grays.
    Have a good night all

Fi, Grays was good last night hey. My gf was over and she doen't normally watched it and now she is hanging out fo next weeks episode. We were sitting on the lounge going No NO don't do it at the end. Do you think he will die ??

I think it's a great idea for Shane to call the school, perhaps then he will also get a heads up on how she is doing at school too.

Was a good girl and stayed away from the puter lastnight. Tehya went to sleep around 8ish, woke around 11 as I was going to bed but I patted her back off. She woke again around 4ish and up just before 6, so for Tehya that wasn't too bad a night. Would love for it to be solid sleep though.

She is starting back up swimming lessons tomorrow. I'm abit nervous, probably because I know more now about what happens.

Oh Tehya knows how to bribe now, when she is whinging for something and I tell her no or use a stern voice she takes out her dummy and puckers up for a kiss. HEHE, of course I take the kiss but she rarely get's what she was after anyway. Mean aren't I ??

Hey ladies, well an update on me!
    Bella has gone and broken her wrist! She had been playing with the older kids and came in that night with a swollen arm, went to wash her hand and she screamed out in pain, so I decided not to touch, That night screamed for 5 hours, the next day(Sunday) was fine, Sunday night screamed for 5 hours again!!!!
    Took her to the doctors on Monday morning who organised an xray and we found she has a greenstick fracture of her wrist.
    Plaster comes off in 2 weeks(if it lasts that long!!!) Any ideas on how to clean it?

Hi Jess, Oh poor little Bella. As for cleaning her arm, what about just using a warm flannel to wash the area's that are unplastered. Make sure you keep the plaster well covered and protected when bathing her too. Perhaps just a plastic bag around her arm either tied on with a rubber band or some tape ???

Do you know how she broke it ??

Debbie Lee Guest

Awww poor Bella!! My sister got a greenstick fracture once. Mum never took her to the doctor because she thought she'd just hurt it a little. Months later a doctor picked it up. Well.. didn't Mum feel like a cow!??!!?? Hope Bella heals up quick smart.

Trish - glad you got a relatively decent sleep last night mate. I agree... Grey's was an awesome episode! I was doing the same; "Don't do it!". Woulda looked like a bit of a tool.

Hmm...just got an email from Neil... "Perhaps the last person that goes to bed should check that the outside lights are turned off. We don't want to waste electricity, do we?". Ummm... am I his daughter?? Am I his student?? Fricken poo head. I emailed back; "Perhaps I didn't realise they were even on???".
    Maybe I should have sent back; "Perhaps the person that DOESN'T do the washing should make the effort to leave his clothes in the laundry basket instead of the bedroom floor?".

Yup Deb, I agree you should reply with your message, butt head he is

Sounds like your the little kid there. Perhaps you should not cook him dinner toninght

Oh when I went to be last night, Mark cuddled up, not after anything and told me goodnight and that he loved me. Something he rarely does. Oh so he does love me afterall

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast