Thread: Alan, or someone...

Question Alan, or someone...

Hi,
    As some may know i went into labour on friday and they stopped it 3 times because bubs was transverse. He turned and i was able to come home.
    I am just wondering if because they stopped my labour 3 times, will i ever be "out of labour"? What i mean by this is i have had niggles, back pain, strong BH, and even a run of contractions like im in constant pre-labour.
    I feel ill, but im hungry, im exhausted, but i cant sleep, just irritable.

Can anyone give me some enlightenment?
    Oh and bubs hasnt really moved that much either. On friday my cervix was soft and longish.

Thanks in advance

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Things can change quickly so dont be disheartened. Wonderful they could stop the labour though to avoid a c/s.

I would really focus on getting rest - get some massage, acupuncture (which is mainly about energy) and try and get yourself in the most restful mindframe before labour as it will exhaust you before you even get to pushing after all you have been through. If nothing works and you are beside yourself, I would even consider sleeping tablets to get some sleep - if all the natural stuff fails. You can't go into labour in a nervous, exhausted wreck!

Other natural things you can try include chammomile tea, see a naturopath for some herbs, baths - make it your mission to relax yourself. Your body will labour again, when the time is right, and if you are physically and emotionally ready it will be a much better experience for you! Good luck!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Oh hun, I'm sorry that your so uncomfortable. I hope that things feel a little better by now. Will they try to stop labour again if it progresses? Or are they happy for things to continue? I know it must be very hard, but try and rest, even if it's just laying or sitting on the couch, vegging out. Or if possible try to get as much sleep as possible. It's hard to know if things will ramp back up or not. But from my experiences, from having a hell of a lot of pre labour, (weeks worth after going into premature labour at 32 weeks, and not birthing my boy until 38 weeks.), that it made made my labour comfortable and quick. When things did start back up for real, it was only 3 hours long. So even though you might think things are going no where, it's far from the truth. Every bit of pre labour is helping your body to prepare for labour.

Sorry if none of this helped. But I just wanted to let you know that your doing great for coping with all this, and I hope you feel better soon. Good luck.
    Last edited by Meluchja; June 9th, 2008 at 01:38 PM.

Hi Scorpio
    It is great news that they managed to stop your labour, better that than a CS.
    I can understand your frustration at your constant pain and discomfort. Unfortunately there is no way of knowing if this will stop soon or continue for days. But usually what will happen is that the pain will ease and the contractions will reduce soon or you will go into labour. I know this is probably not a lot of help for you however keep in mind that there contractions are doing some good by preparing your body for labour. I would be very surprised if you went to full term with this baby.
    As others have said, try to get as much rest as you can. Even if you are not sleeping just laying around on the lounge will give you some rest and help to conserve your energy. Don’t worry about eating full meals but it is important to try to eat something. Perhaps try small snacks, you also need to ensure that you are drinking plenty of fluid.

Hi,
    I know exactly how you feel. I went into labour at 33wks and it was stopped thankfully but I continued having contractions right up until 39wks and bubs was born within 2hrs. Like Alan said in a way it is good because your body is being prepared early. As Kelly said rest as much as you can. All the best.
    Regards,
    Dianne

Hey scorpiomum, how are things going today?

Hi still having some niggles, im not getting too excited im sure he will come when he is ready. Im just waiting for my dinner to cook so then i can have a bath and veg out infront of the tv. all the good shows on tonight, YAY. DF gone out for a poker night (the card game) so i informed him NOT TO DRINK just incase things happen.
    Still getting the rhythmic pains, but i mainly feel them when im relaxing.....
    I had a snooze today when Jett did, when i woke they were a little stronger, and they are a little stronger when i walk around. Whenever i do something.
    OMG i just had one and it was everytime i breathed out it got stronger, lasted about 30 seconds. Hmmmmmmmm
    That was the strongest one i have had all day, plus it had some 'pressure'. Not making much of it at the moment tho....
    Will keep this thread updated!