Thread: am I nuts???

happy mummy Guest

Default am I nuts???

I am starting to feel like im fully nuts, I had bad GD with my first daughter, I came 7weeks early, I had a natural birth that lasted 20mins.

This time, I have GD very early, and I honestly feel really sick with it, alot different that the last time,

I feel like I cant even get out of bed some mornings, I cant really explain it.

Since feeling like this, a friend told me to think about a cesarean, she was in a simular situation,

I like the idea of knowing when and where the time will come, but Im not to sure.

Anyone else have an elective cesarean? how did that go? If I did decided to go ahead, is my reason silly?

Before you decide to have major surgery, make sure you have researched it and discussed with your midwife/ob etc.

And, without trying to scare you, you should read this post about an elective c/s with complications. Its rare, but does happen so you need to be aware.

What would having a c/s do to help you feel better?

Would it be worth the recovery from major abdominal surgury?

They are unlikey to schedule a c/s before 37weeks absolute minimum. If you go early again you could have another lovely birth. Is it even a feesible option for you?

Have you thought about seeing a natropath or homeopathy for help with your GD and feeling unwell? It could be helpful to check it out.

Just some questions to think about. This is your decision and it is big one, especially with a little one to look after and another child the cure might be worse that the disease (in a manner of speaking).

Best wishes
    Cheers

happy mummy Guest

Well my doctor and I both hope that I last a few more weeks than I did last time, however, they want to bring on labour at 36wks due to my problems, I have heard bad about all that,

Also there was nobody with me in my first labour, it was over before anyone got there, I want to make sure that wont happen.

My friend had simular probs as me now, and was induced at 36wks, and said it was horrible, and her first labour was natural, she told me to seriously consider one in I wasnt going to go into labour naturally.

If I go on my own thats great, thats what I want, but If I dont Im unsure what I should do, 3 people now have told me they would go ceseran rather than induce, due to there own experience.

Im still unsure, will prob have natural birth either way, but when you hear so much it makes you wonder.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

It is better to be induced than have a caesarean due to risk and complications, but when you check out the risks of induction here: http://www.bellybelly.com.au/article...-or-not-induce do you think the risks of an elective caesarean are worth gambling with? What your friends probably aren't telling you too is that after the birth, it's common to get an infection requiring antibiotic i/v and you can't get up straight after the birth for some time and require even more assistance and support. Also the article talks about GD and induction which is worth the read.

It's also better for the baby to go through any amount of labour to prepare them for birth. Also if you are induced or have a caeser early, you run the risk of unexpected pre-maturity, which means your baby could have higher risk of infection, have breathing problems, and potentially be admitted to special care. Having had GD, baby's blood sugar levels can also be a problem can't it?
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

baby belly Guest

I dont think your nuts,

I have had a normal birth lasted 4hours, my second labour very much the same, my third was an induction, lasted 12hours and very painful, then followed with a c section,

Im going to have an elec c/s next time if there is a next time, I feel very strong about the fact that it is your choice, I have had both an I know if I couldnt have a natural birth I am going for c/s.

Just do your research and know what your going in for.

Good luck.

Happy Mummy your friend who is comparing an induction to a spontanious birth, has she had a c/s as well to be able to add that to the comparison list. Maybe she is assuming thayt a c/s is the easy option.

I dont normally give my story but I will tell you that I have had an induction/ c/s and natural. (Well naturally induced) So I know that a chemical induction is harder work than a natural onset, it would mean that you would have people with you. I also know that a c/s was harder than either of the previous to for me.

It is vital that you are comfortable with your decision, long term. Research now will save you months or years of possible heart ache later. I have literally hundreds of links, if you would like some help finding the info pm me.

Cheers

If you have a good relationship with him/her - I think you should also be led by whatever your doctor thinks. Try to remember this horrible illness time will pass like it did last time, and hang on as long as you can. However, WHATEVER you decide - after the event let it go and don't feel guilty or wish you had done it differently. What's done is done.

I do sympathise with you as I found the last few weeks so horrible I was induced as they were worried about my mental state. I have asked my DH to not let me be induced no matter how desperate I get unless my ob wants it for a specific medical reason. I found being induced was like being hit with a semi-trailer, 2 hour start to finish labour/birth. It was THE worst experience of my life, but it was also my first baby so I had no idea what the heck was going on! At least this time round we both have the benefit of experience and that's worth gold!!