Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Antenatal Classes, Bris

heva - I am also going to the MM public and surprised that they charge for AN classes. The brouchure they give you is really misleading, you can book into a course which is in total $75 for either a full weekend or 6 weeks of night classes, which cover everything. Give them a call and hopefully they can give you some more information. Mind you they might make you leave a msg and then call you back which takes a few days.
    If not you can always request a hospital tour so you can at least get to see where its all going to happen, my girlfriend did that as she was having her 3rd and didnt feel the need to do the classes again.
    Hope it all works out for you!

Heva - Don't worry about getting into trouble. If the middy questions you just remind her that the classes need to be paid for and if it was compulsory to attend then they should be free.

I am shocked at the lack of free or cheap antenatal eduation in Brisbane!

In Townsville, we have a series of about 6 antenatal classes which are free at the public hospital. We also have private active birth classes which also inlude antenatal education.

I'm thinking I might now look into the Childbirth Education classes. I would'nt mind running them for free/low cost once a fortnight.

Heather, have you called the RBWH about their classes?

All of Logan's classes are free and they run weekly bfing classes too. Physio classes are included too

Quote Originally Posted by BekZ View Post
    All of Logan's classes are free and they run weekly bfing classes too. Physio classes are included too
    Being new to Brisbane I am sounding naive now but can't you (Heather) go to Logan then?

Its so different coming down here where there are so many hospitals which all have different policies and procedures!

I didn't think they'd let me go the classes if I'm not booked into their hospital.
    I'll call them next week and ask.

Hi Heather!

Just got an email relating to a job opening for a Childbirth Educator and found this place.

The offer a Childbirth Education Program to young families under 25.

Give them a call and see what they say!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12