Thread: being told that any pgs you have will be breech?

Default being told that any pgs you have will be breech?

Is there a physiological condition that would predispose someone to always having babies in a breech position?

A friend of mine was told by her gyn, when they were doing tests for something else, that 'BTW, and babies you have will definately be breech so you'll have to have c-sections'

Dh was born a feet first breech and when he was born there was nothing they could really do about it. But his brother and sister were the right way up so to speak.

I have had only one posterior birth out of three births.

But I do believe some women are always going to have breech's or tranverse, just as some women always have posterior births etc. And I think body shape plays a huge part in it too in determining where the baby lies in the womb.

I was told at my first antenatal appointment with Matthew at 9 weeks into my pregnancy that I`d have breech babies as my uterus was an abnormal shape (can`t remember the name he gave it now) but Matthew wasn`t breech at all, he was head down.

I was born big toe first myself, all the Midwives and DR announced that Mum had a son LOL Mum says it was like giving birth 5 times over :shock:

God help everyone if I have another posterior baby!!!

From what I have heard, they only really worry about breech in the first birth, from then on they will let you deliver breech - but they just dont like it being your first one.

I dont think I would let anyone try and turn a baby inside me though. Sounds painful and just plain wrong......

For anyone who has had a posterior bub, read up about OFP ( Optimal Foetal Positioning) whilst pg with the next ones, it show the position you place yourself in ( reclined) has a large effect on bubs position, worthwhile investigating!!!

Oh Yeah - I've been reading up alright Vanita, I'm not ever having a posterior bub again if I can help it

Fifth baby, fifth OP, no hope for me tried and tested everything, done plenty of research, positioning, exercise, scrubbing floors on all fours, but my pelvis shape is what it is and I can't change it. Although in this pregnancy I don't (so far so good) have PSD, thank God. although I have felt things starting to relax down there, so we'll see. I'm remaining positive. My back kills me though. Good points about carrying OP is that I get to feel baby's limbs better and get more leg and arm sweeps and bumps across the tummy then any of my friends. lol.