Thread: Braxton hicks and real contractions...

Default Braxton hicks and real contractions...

I get most of my BH pain in my lower back and under my bump, but my whole belly goes rock hard. Just wondered if this will mean my labour pains will be in my back and lower tummy? Bub is not posterior, so i don't know why my BH are in my back.

hmmm no idea Tegan sorry, but my BH's this time haven't been in my back only the rock hard belly & occasionally pain across the top of my bump. With Matilda, all my BH's stretched around in my lower back as well, but during labour the pain was all over.

Tegan, I honestly don't know if there is any rhyme or reason to it. With Olivia all my DH were around my belly at the front, but my labour pains were all lower back and hips. (She wasn't posteria, but placenta was).

With Charlie, I had very few BH, and my labour pains were all centred around my upper belly......but with him I was induced, so that may have made the diff? (Anterior placenta)

With this pregnancy, my BH have been ALL OVER, and I have been having contractions for the past few days and they are "a long way away" but centred around my belly....again, anterior placenta.

So maybe it is a placenta position? Dunno..............

Hi Tegan
    There is no relationship between Braxton Hicks pain and where you will get the labour pain. One reason that you are getting back pain with your BH is due to your posture. Your body has had itís center of gravity changed due to your bump. There are also many other things involved like the position of the baby, and the strength of your back.