Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did you notice any specific signs right before labor ?

OOOh GL Michelle.....

Thanks Tracey.
    It could be nothing but at least i have my u/s today and will know if i have much fluid around the baby and i get to see the Dr at the hospital tomorrow.

I keep hoping i go in to labour and get to the hospital just in time to push the baby out so i don't have to have a c-section.

Well I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Michelle... If you do go into labour stay at home as long as you possibly can coz then they tend to not intervene!!!

OOOOh so exciting!

Good luck Michelle!

Well my signs...I had nothing, no bh, no waters breaking, *maybe* some of my plug came - the biggest thing in hindsight was that I was a right crank the night before. I was such a cow. We were at my parents for dinner and I was making all these snide comments about dh (we're young, so we still dob on each other to our parents), in the end everyone was just ignoring me. But I went into labour (contractions 8mins apart) about 2:30 that morning!

With Elyse, I think I remember being restless the day before she came - I wanted to get out of the house and do something! Felt no contractions, no loose bowels, nothing! We went out visiting that evening, and I didn't sleep well at all that night. Finally fell asleep around 5:30 (still not feeling anything!) and woke up one hour later with contractions 5 minutes apart. There was also bloody show then, so I knew that this was the real thing, and a couple of hours later my water broke. Elyse was born at 1:25 that afternoon - 7 hours of labour from start to finish, one day after her due date.
    With Marieke, I had a sore back and PMS pain for about a week before she came. I was sick and tired of being pregnant, and had VERY sore hips and pelvis. I remember crying when I was doing the dishes the evening before she came, because everything was so sore, and I was so tired. Lots of BH contractions, with her. But no other signs. I woke up at 1:30am that night, went to the bathroom and noticed bloody show, and contractions started 5 minutes apart (funny, but they felt "better" than the BH, because I could tell that they were doing something!). Got Elyse out of bed and brought her to DH's mom and dad's house by 3:00am, and went to the hospital. Marieke was born at 8:45, again, about 7 hours of labour. She was born 1 week before her due date.

So the only consistant sign that I had, that labour was about to start was the show, but by then, things were pretty much under way!

oh labour! I envy all you pregnant ladies out there!!

I had the flu when I went into labour so its hard for me to tell if this was because i was going into labour or because I was sick, but I was nauseous and had mild diarrohea the day before. Bub was only partly decended when I went into my labour, the first real sign I had was my waters breaking. They broke in lieu of my contractions, a good 14 hours before I felt anything. I was sitting on my bed and i blew my nose, and they just gushed out everywhere! I thought i'd pee'd myself so i tried to stop the flow but i couldn't, so i put my hand over myself and ran to the bathroom LMAO. I had to buy a new matress.

Afternoon ladies,

Am pregnant and was just ready early sign, as I have 3 weeks left and this is 4th baby. All other bubs have been 41weeks+ so am not expecting early arrival.

However within the last hr now, I have been getting lost's of tightings where I have to wiggle in seat, and some grab something 'cos of shock of quick pain feel. However these are not lasting long prob 30-40 sec, I can also feel bub's moving...

I rung hospital and they told me to go in water breaks, or have show or if pain get's to much to bear, but I have some much to get done before the babies arrival, not including today list of general stuff. Also not ready mental, I thought I have 3-4 more weeks of waiting before I had to go through so much pain...

Anyway I better go and get some washing folded, grocery put away, and vaccuming done just in case...

the night B4 labour started with DD i couldnt stop swaying i just felt so uncomfy. we were at my nephews 1st bday party and everyone kept tellin me u will go over everyne goes oevr with their first. then we had a 18th to go to we pulled up and i got out of the car and just started crying and wanted to go home. got home just didnt feel right tossed and turned all night. woke up the next morning had constractions 10 min apart all day not too painful so we went fishing til they got closer and stronger lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12