Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: early stages of labour ( pre labour)

well i thought everything was coming to a halt but today they have been 10 mins apart, i rang the midwives and basically there is nothing they can do, i have to just try and rest and wait this out. Ive been told to go in when contractions get to 5 mins apart.
    Def getting closer and more intense so will just wait to see, im trying to distract myself so i dont go crazy.

Tan32, I've just read your thread.

I'm so full of excitement and anticipation. I'm living vicariously though you as I did not have a labour with DD(elective cs for pre-eclampsia) so missed out on all of this exciting stuff.

Can't wait to hear what happens . . .

Just an update,
    today seems to be looking more and more like the day, I have been having contractions around 5 mins apart from 9:40pm last night, Ive just got DH out of bed and into the shower. I now have a killer headache to boot. Ive lost some of my plug last night ( blood stained mucus) although not a heap and i have had some light spotting this morning. Bubs seems to be fighting the contractions now which im a little worried about as i dont want him to stress

Wow, good luck with everything... if you stay calm and don't stress, hopefully bubs will do the same!
    :goodluck2:

Tan, is it time to head back to the hospital to see what's giong on? Best of luck with everything!

Well here i am home again,
    How very frustrating, hooked up to the monitor again, Bubs is a real trooper his heart rate stayed strong and he didnt stress at all, the contractions however still stayed at 5 mins apart but the intensity died down, I was checked out as my legs etc have swollen but all tests have come back fine. He has made a move down from being recorded as above the brim to now being 3/5th
    Dr and midwives seem to think that the spotting and contractions has all been due to my anti D injection which i had on Tuesday.

So for now nothing is going to happen.

Oh, how disappointing tan! I hope things go well for you, glad to hear that bubs is still happy and healthy in there.

I so hear you on the frustration of waiting..... I am going mad! They have to come out eventually, right?!

What a frustrating time you've had... well, bubs probably knows that he needs to do a little bit more growing before making his grand entrance!!

Sounds like your bub is a smartie Tan! I'm glad he's hanging in there, as I said earlier, every day will make a difference

He is a clever little bub, a bit annoyed at everyone introding on his space, and fighting against the contractions, i think we will buy him a pair of footy boots cause he is a pretty strong kicker. Last few days he has had alot of practise.
    Emma (DD) was a little upset we didnt have a baby today , but like i explained to her we want to be able to bring him home with us and not have him stay in the SCU, so this is the best thing for him.
    Now if i can just ignore these contractions until they kick on.

Ah Tan how frustrating for you - I've been watching this thread with baited breath! Well try to get some rest if you can, keep us updated...

Hi all we are still hanging on, feels like things have come to a stop this morning, things feel really weird now, i guess after 6 days the body would feel the effects, its a bit uncomfy to walk and my pelvis feels like its opened a bit.
    Thanks for all your well wishes and support

Hi Tan

I'm glad things have stopped for you today, your little boy needs a little more time to cook lol Good luck

Lea x

HI all again just to let you all know how things are and to thank you all for your support.
    Well we have made it to 36 weeks. yipee.
    Last night had some good strong Braxton Hicks for about an hour or 2, then nothing, been feeling fine today although have been nesting again.
    Went to the loo about an hour ago and have had more bloody mucus discharge, i am now wondering how much can be left. The back ache has started to return.
    This little man is really keeping us guessing.

Hows things going Tan and AmberJ?

Well I'm in the same boat now. Had what I assume are contractions last night from about 5pm, lost some more pinkish plug, felt nauseous and hardly slept. They were like the worst period pain ever and ohh my belly got sooo tight. Since about midday today nothing except a couple here and there...

So what can I do to get them back?? Rest seems to make them go away, I can't believe I'm asking for this pain again!!

Welcome Kristin! Hope your pre-labour pains develop into something real!

A fat lot of nothing is happening for me- now 40 weeks 6 days!

They will start foetal monitoring and do a scan next Tuesday to make sure everything is fine with bubs, and if it is, book me for induction next Friday (the 13th!!!!!).

I REALLY want to go into labour naturally before then!

Wow how frustrating for you Jessica! Finger crossed you go into labour naturally and don't have to be induced...

I've been getting contractions (prob bad BH) on a off this afternoon but nothing consistant. I'm off the see the Sex And The City movie now so lets hope baby stays in for a few more hours!!

BOO!!!!!

Lets see if that works .

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast