Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: early stages of labour ( pre labour)

lol Lulu2,

well my little man is still holding on, had my checkup with my midwife on Wednesday night all is good, bub is still down, cervix is still posterior and very soft, my bp has gone back down to normal so thats good. Midwife said ill see you in 2 weeks .....wah i wanted to cry.
    I am now beting he will be a late comer, just to annoy everyone including me.
    I would love him to arrive on Friday the 13th, my DD and i were both born on FRiday the 13th, anytime next week is basically someone else in the families bday.
    I still get BH nearly every day, but nothing like the episode i had.

LMAO Lulu2! Nice try but didn't work!

Tan I don't know how you've stayed sane through all this - Friday the 13th would be great! I got married on the 13th (a saturday) I think it's a great number!

We'll I managed to sit through the Sex And The City movie without too much fuss. The very painful BH continued through the night and this morning, nothing regular though. I have resigned myself to putting up with it until the real thing happens - this is such a frustrating time! I'm going to have a walk around the shops and see if that hurries things up!

Hi girls i thought id join in the fun, LOL of WAITING. I think i just had a contrax, i have had a few tightnings whilst sitting and reading through your posts, although its all in my back!! grrr. I had back labour last time and it killed!!
    I just rang my mum and she said i wouldnt last the weekend.... I have the uncontrollable shakes, i think i should go and have a shower and freshen up, JUST IN CASE!
    I had a show last night and a 'clean out' this morning, so i guess its just wait and see...
    the contrax at the moment are like period aches, i bet if i got up and walked it would be it. I should really walk up the stairs for a shower, but i cant get off the seat. HELP what should i do??

Wish I could provide some worldy advice scorpiomum, but I have no idea what to do!

Today I've been keeping busy - out for coffee and shopping, got lots of contractions that stop me dead in my tracks, but nothing regular. Perhaps try walking the stairs to get things happening?

I feel for you re the back pain.... Mine has been all tummy/groin, I'm very grateful it's not in my back (yet!)...

oh sounds like things are happening for you ladies.

How did you go Scorpiosmum did you manage to get into the shower. Its funny how these babies play with us. Make sure your bags are all packed and ready to go, i managed to pack extra bits and pieces for my DD and DS to take with them to Nanas house.

I must say i am a little jealous, its so frustrating we got so used to the idea our little man was going to arrive early and now it seems like he is staying put.

Im still here nothing to be jealous about.. they stopped! grr.
    still playing the waiting game... yay!

Well I'm not sure if I'm in labor or near labor, or just getting BH. Definately been getting strong contractions the last three hours, I haven't started timing them yet. They are easier if I walk through them, which makes me think they're just BH... Anyway they're the worst I've had so far so fingers crossed it's gets worse and develops into labor...

Isn't it funny how we WANT the pain to get worse? LOL Whenever I get a period like cramp, I get this first unconscious thought like "bugger, I'm getting my period", and then I go "Oh, no, these pains are good!"

I am terrified about induction. I keep reading about it, trying to find good experiences, and there is FAR more out there about the horrible bits of inductions than the good bits. But the hospital won't let me go over 42 weeks and I'm starting to worry about my baby's health in there too, knowing how the placenta starts to deteriorate. I feel like I have no choice!

C'mon labour!!!

I am so sick of going to bed thinking "maybe tonight", and then waking up without a sign of anything happening.

oh Jessica i can understand how you feel, i went 10 days over with my DS, the hospital wouldnt let me go any longer. I am one of the few who have had good experiences with induction.
    I know what you mean about going to bed and wondering if anything will happen. I know i will get worse the closer to my date

Jessica, i was induced with DS1 and my labour was ok. The contractions were worse, but i did have no complications, i had more complications with DS2 and he was a spontanious labour!!
    I had contrax again last night but they stopped...
    Hope your all well!!

Hi, well I had bad contractions all afternoon yesterday and all night, I hardly slept but they've eased off today.... Not sure what I can do to kick things off again. I already feel exhausted from the pain, this is hard work!

I'm going to try going to a walk and see if they get closer in time...

Hope you are all doing okay???

Kristen how are you going this morning? I have been thinking of you, i hope you have headed into the hospital to birth that babe...
    Keep up the great work!

Default It's a girl!

Hi,

I'm pleased to announce my little princess Olivia was born on June 10 via emergency c-section. She is absolutely gorgeous and all the pain was totally worth it... She was stressed during the contractions and stuck, so unfortunately I needed a c-section.

Thanks so much for your advice and suppport, you all made it so much easier answering my constant questions!! XXX

Congratulations to you Kristin on the arrival of your little lady Olivia. Also to Amber on the arrival of her little man.

Gee funny thing is Im still here, after my early scare , no signs now what so ever of bub making an appearance anytime soon.

Congratulations!! Well done ladies. Wishing you all the best.......

I think bubs has engaged now, woohoo not long now.

How are you going Tan? Any action yet???? Still nothing here unfortunately!! Grr! Only 8 days to go for me! Not that im counting.....

Tan, scorpiomum, i hope one of us goes soon

I have 6 days to go and not looking forward to any of them, he is down so low today its killing me. Had a clean out yesterday so hoping today is it

Good Luck to you both

Lea x

Hi girls,

I have been reading your posts and thought I might just post a little bit of advice. I can't guarantee it will work though, LOL. I had a 16 hour pre labour with my DS (which was quite a shock as I had never had pre labour before, I have always had very quick labours from the first contraction). I had been getting BH from 25 weeks, as well!! I was so sick of being pregnant and would do anything to get things happening.

This is what helped move things along for me: I borrowed a fit ball from my SIL and sat on that with my knees apart and bounced gently for about half an hour (contractions started straight away), I then went for a walk around the block (make sure there is someone with you) and then bounced on the fit ball again. I think the fit ball really helps bub get into position and it can also help with back pain.

My bub was posterior and I was having really bad back pain. I went hospital to get checked and I was only about 2cm dilated, so the nurse gave me a stretch and sweep, then BANG...4 hours later Jack was born. I wish I had of gone to hospital and got the stretch and sweep about 16 hours earlier, LOL.

I know just how impatient you are all getting, and I hope things happen soon! Then you will be on here posting how you miss rubbing your pregnant belly, LOL.
    Last edited by Marlene; June 27th, 2008 at 09:25 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast