Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hard pregnancy easy labour easy pregnnacy hard labour

Default Hard pregnancy easy labour easy pregnnacy hard labour

Hello,
    I'm interested to see how this goes how many of you had a hard pregnancy but an easy labour or easy pregnancy and hard labour.
    for example with my first I had the worst m/s all the way through, I collapsed twice, had cankles big time and was anemic (sp?) BUT I had a labour that was just under 4 hours only had gas and no stitches pretty easy. I have friends that had no m/s loved being pregnant had no troubles and two ended up in emergency c sections and another couple had 24 hour labours or over.

Last edited by 2girlz; June 2nd, 2008 at 10:57 AM.

I think that any relevance to it would be purely coincidental. I have always done pg quite well (except in late pg with the usual aches etc) with no health problems, but of the 4 births my first two were by far the easiest, the 3rd one horrendous (induction) and my 4th was bloody hard work, so I've had a fair amount of variation wtih them.

Well I've got nothing to say but if its true then I'm in for on easy labour and birth! See, I told the midwife Bubble was just going to slide out easily with no pain!

LOL leash

I know it's coincidnetal no fact behind it. It's just for fun

Butterfly_Princess Guest

Easy preg, easy labour, although it was 24 hour labour it was easy and i enjoyed every moment of it (did i just say that!?? yes in hindsight it was, at the time it wasnt so much lol)

hmn, just like "baby #1 is easy but baby #2 is hard" LOL

well, DD was no prob full stop - pregnancy and birth. Who knows what i am in for this time?

Pg#1 was a hard pregnancy, terrible m/s for 16 weeks straight, alot of fluid retension....labour 10hr 25 mins, 3rd degree tear, gas, ventouse extraction and stitches.

Pg#2 fairly average, m/s for 8 weeks but mainly nausea, stitches, 1 degree tear, gas, 6 hour terrific labour...

I guess mine have been up and down

Horrible ms until 20 weeks, pretty cruisy until 28 weeks, monitoring for IUGR, broke foot at 34 weeks, PROM at 34w6d, DS born at 35 weeks.

Easy, beautiful first stage of labour, only 10 hours with a posterior baby. Second stage was 4 hours, malpositioned baby, failed ventouse, episiotomy, forceps. But the minute he was born I was telling them I wanted to do it all over again, I loved it so much!

So yeah, up and down for me too. I got 8 weeks of lovely, stress-free pg, and the first stage of my labour was lovely. I guess that's more than some people get.

DD, had a fair amount of MS and also developed pre eclampsia so was induced at 36 weeks 4 hr labour no stiches etc.

DS no morning sickness pretty good pregnancy all the way through again induced at 40 + 10 days labour under 40 min, no stiches etc.

This one , no ms , have had contractions and false alarms, lost my plug still going strong though, so who knows should be interesting to see how this labour is.

Hmmm...

DD - unstable pelvis struck at 28 weeks, very hurty. Couldn't stand for more than 2 mins, walking very difficult so work paid for taxis to get me to and fro. Had a very long pre-labour, posterior baby - all up took 3 days to come out. 2 hours of pushing, then forceps, but only tiny tear with 2 tiny stitches.

So I think I got a hard(ish) pregnancy and a hard labour. But yippee, I got an easy baby. But still have stupid unstable hurty pelvis nine months after the birth.

I had an easy pg followed by an easy labour. Second time my pg wasn't as easy, mostly due to recurring gastro, and the labour was easy. My sister had a horror pg followed by a horror labour (40 hours then emergency c/s). I think it's all co-incidence (and not to mention preparation - if you read up on active birth it can make a HUGE difference to your labour).

1st pg, was easy as, no MS, no nothing. Labour was induced & by far my worst (but compared to most easy). 9.5 hours of active labour. But no tears.

2nd preg was also easy but with a little m/s, but nothing bad. Labour was posterior & 14.5hr of active labour. Was harder thetn eh first but easier ten the first as I was better prepared.

3rd preg, more m/s then the first 2, laboured for less then an hour, baby was born &I didn't even realise! So pretty easy!

4th pg, worst m/s of the all.. labour well will soon find out.

DD#1 - shocking pregnancy. MS 24/7 for 9 months, migraines etc. Induction at 4 days o/d that took 35 hours for the whole process but basically a very good labour.

DD#2 - repeat awful pregnancy for entire 9 months. Easiest birth in the world - no pain relief whatsoever, 2nd stage 15 minutes and went home 10 hours after her birth.

And to take it a step further, cr*p pregnancy and DD#1 is the easiest, happiest child and DD#2 seems to be following suit.

Mmmm I had a pretty good pg with Izzy with normal amounts of m/s - HUGE feet and fluid retention but really in the whole scheme of things I would say it was an easy pregnancy and I was induced had a 36 hour labour, and ended in an emergency c/s! As Lulu said though - horrid birth that it was, my Isabelle has been the easiest, most contented happy baby! I hope her brother follows in her footsteps regardless of the labour (and VBAC please )

Hi Kel
    DD#1 - Easy pregnancy and 2 hour trouble free labour
    #2 - More M/s than #1 but still a hassle free pregnancy... and as for the labour we will see

With DS1:
    i had the absolute WORST pg, i was throwing up with morning sickness the day i went into labour. I has major back, muscle and joing pain needing phisyo through the week just so i could walk properly.
    my labour was also CRAP, 26 hours before an emergancy c/sect. 15 hours of which was 2-3 mins apart but only 5cm dialated. so i guess you can say Hard pregnancy and Hard labour.

TWINS Due Soon:
    so far my PG hasn't been as bad as with DS1 but still i would consider it hard. my labour is going to non existant i'm happy to be having another c/sect. god bless my Ob and modern medicine. my last recovery was awsome and i hope to have the same this time. so this time i'll say a Hard Pregnancy and I'll ??? the labour for now.

#1 pregnancy was hard, bad m/s, just felt crappy the whole way through and had pre-eclampsia at the end. Labour was induced, horrible and traumatic but only 5 hours.

#2 pregnancy was a breeze, just the normal aches and pains. Labour last 37hours spontanious but was by far easier than #1 and i felt great afterwards unlikel with #1 i felt like i had been run over 10 times.

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

I had a very easy pregnancy and a very long and difficult labour!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast