Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Having a 'feeling' of if you'll be early, ontime or overdue?

Default Having a 'feeling' of if you'll be early, ontime or overdue?

For a lot of the pregnancy I've had a strong instinct/gut feeling that our bubba is going to come early. Not super early, but say a week or even just a few days before the due date. But I've been trying to talk myself out of that thinking as most first timers are overdue and it'll be hard being there thinking "I was SO sure this would be over by now!"

Just wondering if many of you had a feeling about when your baby was going to come and whether you were right... it seems that so often the evidence indicates that pregnant women seem to 'know' so much that I'm wondering if I might be right...

When I was pregnant with Nina I told everyone that I was going to go early. I just had that instinct. And I was right, she was born at 37 weeks/2 days. With this pregnancy I have a feeling I'm going to go early again. I even have the date set in my mind!

Beany is due on 3rd June 2008, but a few weeks back I had a dream about Beany and the date 18th May stuck in my head for some reason. Now I don't know if it means anything, and I went 12 days overdue with DS so I would be very surprised if Beany happened to arrive on May 18 as that would mean he/she would be two weeks early. But I will let you know if anything significant happens on May 18

Ummm, I thought DS would arrive early because i was soooo big and soooo uncomfortable - he arrived 10 days over, just like his big sister!

Yep...I thought I was going to be early too...Felix was 8 days overdue!

Maybe it's our way of just making sure that we are really ready!!!

With Zander I hadn't really thought about it, but with this one I'm convinced she is going to be an April bub. No reason why, just because LOL!!

I think I'll be early for 2 reasons, 1. Im really small & 2. I was born prem

I'm interested in this thread as I have a feeling I'll go early because of my age (I'll be 42 at the time of his birth).

I've had a feeling for ages that I'd go around the 11th April. Just a hunch.

I thought I was going to be early too. Bub is 9 days overdue and still in there!

I don't think it's a feeling - just wishful thinking!
    I gave up wondering when my third would come and she arrived 3 weeks early!
    The other 2 were right on time and I had given myself 3 weeks off work before she arrived. So she came the next day.....

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I think all of my clients felt their bub would come early No offense intended, just an observation hehehe Hope I don't curse you ren :P Speaking of which I will find your email tonight so we can book in our second date

I actually expected to go overdue, being first babe and all, then Rissy was a few days early.... then I didnt think I would have good luck twice, and Elijah was even earlier!!! hahaha
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

kate83 Guest

Hi, I have always thought since I fell pregnant this baby is a 36 weeker. My first came extremely early at 30-31 weeks due to pre-eclamsia. This one i have always thought will be 36 weeks. I then had a dream that I had her at 36 weeks and my date happens to be on 29 February! In my dream i was shouting no, she'll never have a birthday!!! It was funny. So on the 29th of this month I'll be sitting by the door with my bags packed!

I can't count how many people ask me if I think I'll go early....why is that I wonder?

This is my first and I've had a feeling that I will go close to my due date, or a few days either side. My sister is pregnant too and I've had a feeling that she will go at least 1 week early. Not sure why but I have a stronger feeling about her than me!

Quote Originally Posted by BellyBelly View Post
    Speaking of which I will find your email tonight so we can book in our second date
    Ooo- that would be good. I'm looking forward to seeing you again. Unless you've jinxed me- then you're in trouble!

It's looking like the mother instinct is a bit all over the place on this one...

I had a gut feeling (hehe) that Elijah was definitely not going to be late, and he came on his due date. Riley I had no real clue, and he was 2 days over.

I had a real feeling that my DS would come early, and he did, at 35 weeks! I didn't actually expect a prem LOL.

I finished work at 32 weeks, and alot of people gave me a hard time, saying it was too early, but I really did think my bub would be here by 37-38 weeks. Whether or not I *knew*, or it was just coincidence, who knows?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast