Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hep B vaccination at birth for infants

I will be getting bubs done as we are travelling VERY soon after...
    As my Dh is Balinese & is classed as high risk we are advised to have it done, maddy has hers done with her 1st immunisations (not at birth in hossy) & Indah was done on the day after her birth. Maddy was not a good feeder & Indah was!

But due to the high risk category I will have it done before leaving the hospital.

The young girl opposite me when i had Indah, put hers off til day 4 of her sons life as it was the day they were going & she said I am happy to have it done this morning now!! So I am sure you can ask it be done in a few days...

Lol, Fi.

Here I am Shannon

You can give Hep B if and when you want to. The immunisation schedule is a guideline only - you can adapt it to suit yourself, but I would strongly advise on doing lots of research on the pros and cons. Zain hasn't had the Hep B, and won't for a while as we aren't high risk.

There is lots and lots of info out there. Try and find unbiased studies that haven't been financed by drug companies if you can.

My reasons for deferring are that I think that injecting a baby with a virus and all the other ingredients like aluminium hydroxide, aluminium phosphate and 2-phenoxyethanol ( 2-Phenoxyethanol (2-PE) is a chemical substance presently used as a preservative in several vaccines. 2-PE contains phenol, which has the ability to inhibit phagocyte activity, meaning it is toxic to all cells. The phenol in 2-PE is capable of disabling the immune system's primary response mechanism. It can also cause systemic poisoning, headache, shock, weakness, convulsions, kidney damage, cardiac failure, kidney failure, or death. 2-PE also contains ethylene oxide, which is an irritant causing dermatitis, burns, blisters, and eczema) at all, let alone at or directly after birth is dangerous and unnecessary.

The info on 2-PE was copied and pasted

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Hep B isn't normally done immediately after birth though, so I think you would need to defer it more than just a few days for the suggested benefits, if thats what you wanted to do it for. Establishing breastfeeding can take some time too.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

BUGGER

I did a massive post and deleted it!! Aaaargh, I hate that.

Okay to cut a long story short, the vaccine brand that most Australian hospitals use is H-B Vax II by MSD and contains formaldehyde, aluminium, borax and potassium thiocyonate. Google these for more info. Toxic poisons that are injected into our babies bloodstreams at or very soon after birth when there is a next to nothing chance that you're baby will contract Hep B unless you are in a high risk category.

That was much shorter than the original, but I have tired fingers, lol

ETA, Kel, I went home within 4 hours with Layla and she had the Hep B before that That was before I knew the risks.
    Last edited by hannanat; January 25th, 2007 at 04:27 PM.

Really dumb question i know but, what about the vitamin k injection? I know my DD was given this straight after birth - is this one ok?

Shell, the brand currently used in most hospitals is Konakion MM and contains Hydrochloric Acid, which is toxic and a possible teratogen. All my kids have had this, as I didn't know about it until recently.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I could be wrong, don't quote me! But just what I would assume.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

Natalie do you want me to bring back your post?

*hugs*
    Cailin

Can you, please - it had info about another vaccine in it and an ingredient that I had copied and pasted. That would be great Cai, thank you

ETA Okay, just noticed it wasn't that much longer - gee I can waffle on, lol....
    Last edited by hannanat; January 25th, 2007 at 05:16 PM.

Very interesting!

Louis had his injection on day 2 with his heel ***** test just before we left the hospital...I have already signed the form for the same to be done with Dylan after he arrives...

It certainly makes you wonder why there's so much rubbish in the vaccines...very scary really!

There is a lot of research on most vaccinations out there. Some of it is valid research with a good study size, others are not so good (they all get rated). We asked our midwife about any effect on the baby compared to babies who don't have the Hep B and she said she personally hasn't noticed an effect. She mentioned there was one research paper that stated it can make breastfeeding more difficult but it was a small study and inconclusive. She also said that it has to be your informed decision, but if there is no high risk then it is up to you. Also, if you do choose to have your baby vaccinated straight away, they will get a total of 4 injections instead of the standard 3, not sure why, maybe something to do with a baby's immune system. Whatever decision you choose to make is the right decision for you and your child. Vitamin K again needs to be your decision, but is highly recommended as babies are born with low levels of this and it is needed to assist with blood clotting. It can prevent very serious complications that may not be picked up until it is too late. It has to be your personal decision. We are probably going to withhold Hep B as we are a low risk and baby won't be attending child care for a while, but we will defintitely be giving vit K - better to be safe than sorry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12