Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How can you tell if its BH or labour contractions?

Oohh Brooke, how exciting. Something could be happening for you. TBH it doesn't sound like my labours felt, but mine were unusually fast labours so not typical. Perhaps you could ring the hossy to see what they say. At least then you'd know.

I'm dying to find out if it's pink or blue LOL!! Good luck with it all!

Yes it could be early labour

Brooke, how are you going this morning hun ??

That storm was a shocker hey. Teyha slept through it but Noah woke up scared.

B4, If the pain gets intense again, it wouldn't be a bad idea to get your GP or Midwife to give you a quick monitor and check over. How long until you are scheduled for a C/S?

Don't worry about crying wolf - It's possible that your body has been preparing over the past few days / weeks. You may also have a very high pain threshold.

Have you had any loose bowel movements or Bloody discharge?
    Have you been checked to see if you are dialated?

Good luck.

mrmoo Guest

I'd ring whereever or whoever you're having your baby at and let them know the details you've described. It could be the baby is pressing down on some ligaments and nerves thus the extra pains down your thighs you're describing. Sounds like your baby is as eager to be in your arms as you are.

Brooke, I get labour pains in my thighs hun. What you are describing sure sounds to me like early labour.

Hope all is going well for you hun.

Brooke, maybe you have a secret desire to have a homebirth

Hun if you need a distraction or anything, feel free to msn me or even give me a call. Trust me, even with my 4th I wasn't sure if I was in labour or not.

gigi01 Guest

B4 - have just caught up on this thread - you sound like what I went through with my first - I had a real lull for a few hours and was told this was "transition" - after it, I got really hot and then my waters broke and it was all on - maybe you are closer than you think!

Thinking of you and hope all is ok - bite the bullet and ring the hossy. don't worry about crying wolf. it wouldn't be the first time for them and they won't even think twice - but better to be safe than as Trish said have an unexpected homebirth!

Take care -

Gigi xx

Hey, I was talking of a surprise Homebirth Brooke, I have a great pool hun

I call Teh, feral cheryl too. LOL.

I will be your on call mum huni. Truely if you need a hand with anything let me know.

mrmoo Guest

B456 you really sound like you're in labour. If anything call all your labour partners!!!

Brooke, your description sounds exactly like what I had yesterday - it was just a bugger that it disappeared for me. I've read that you can get these pains - like labour - on and off for days (?pre-labour), but I honestly have NFI - it took me over 6 hours to realise the pains I had were not just normal belly ache pains - how stupid huh! I hope something is happening for you but should they be lengthening in duration? If they stay overnight you probably should call your OB or hospital, at least it would put your mind at ease if you knew what was going on. Good luck.

B456
    Get a good book and go sand sit on the toilet for 30 - 60 mins. See if this helps

Alan, maybe you can help. I've been told that being active can start labour but I'm worried that if I do too much I will be too buggard to labour!! If i get pains again should I put my feet up and rest or should I go for a walk or shower or bath or...what do you recommend? I'm worried my pains disappeared yesterday because I sat down, as up until then they were getting stronger and more frequent (4 minutely) then ....bye bye pains!!!

Hi Rachel

Not being able to see you and what is going on makes it a little difficult for me to suggest things that you could be doing. However being active does help to move things along. You need to have some balance between activity and rest.
    If you are reasonably well rested now then the next time you get the pain get up and be active. Walking is good. If after being active for a couple of hours or so and nothing has changed then rest. Try to listen to your body, it will often tell you what to do. For example if when walking you think something like “nothing is happening its time to rest’” and then you decide to give it another 15 minutes. Don’t this was your body telling you to rest.
    The reason I suggested B456 sit on the toilet is because of the position. Sitting like this can often speed things up when in labour. You could also try this position, it may help.

Thanks Alan, was worried that it will stop if I stop!

Sometimes it will stop but it will usually start up again. If you need to rest then you need to rest. There is no point in 'doing all the right things' only to find that when the time comes you have no energy left and the OB decides its time to get out the scissors and forceps.

So true...

Brooke, yup, it's still normal for bub to wriggle around with contractions, especially after you have had one. Hope you get to go for a big poo before bub comes, nothing worse than having to go afterwards. Or during like me with Teh

Goodluck hun, I look forward to seeing that announcement really soon. Oh and you can send the labour vibes to my SIL she is due in Saturday and it would be lovely to go now

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast