Thread: how did you feel?

Default how did you feel?

Hi there,
    Just wondering how anyone was feeling in the days leading up to having their bubs?

I have slowed down so much over the last couple of days, last night I was up most of the night with a belly ache which was a lot like period pain & today I just feel yuk so was just wondering.

Jo - 28 (treated endo)
    Dh - 34
    Second chlomid / IUI March 2007 -

I honestly didn't feel any different. My girls gave me no warning before my labours started. I didn't even do the nesting thing. The only thing I did notice was that the 3 nights before DD1 was born I couldn't sleep. I only got about 3 or 4 hours sleep a night. Not from excitement or anything. Just didn't feel tired.

CatherineL Guest

I had a migraine Monday night and also woke up with it on Tuesday morning... Felt really relaxed Tuesday and had an inkling something might happen over night - before I went to bed I just had an urge to write a list of things that suddenly had to be done and was even about to start on my list instead of going to bed... But I was instead told to just go to sleep and we could do the list together tomorrow. I woke up at 6am with a bloody show and leaking waters and ctx which were 1 min apart from go... Ro was born 3 hours later Good luck with it all!

3 hour labour! thats not fair!! DD1 was 18 & DD2 was 30 from start to finish. 3rd time lucky maybe. I hope it's not too quick this time though. I'm 40 minutes out of town! Not likely with my history. Maybe I should aim for 12 to 14 hours, then I won't be dissapointed if it's around 10!

Enchanted Guest

I felt 'normal', I just went about doing my thing..... the only change I noticed was that my bowels were continually clearing themselves out which made me feel a bit yuck but otherwise.....!

Olivia......back pain, excitement, upset stomach, headachey (7 hr labour, 10 days overdue)

Charlie........nausea (2 hour labour, 2 weeks early)

Lexie.....normal.....a bit emotional.......VERY fast labour (think nearly born in the car, think 20 mins from waters breaking to being born!) 1 week early......

ChristieN Guest

With my DD I had braxton hicks pretty consistently for about a week prior.
    With my DS I felt totally normal. He came three weeks early while we were away for a weekend. We fit a lot in that weekend and finished it off with the birth of our beautiful boy

With DS i was having braxton hicks for weeks before. The day before i went to the hospital and i was so angry cause they would not book me in to be induced and they would not do an internal to see if i was dialating. I was so angry driving home with my sil she was agreeing to everything i said. Poor thing!!
    Went to bed that night still a bit angry and my waters broke in bed!!!
    So try being angry it worked for me lol...

Nikki

No different here. I was induced at 40wks & 1day. The day before I travelled 1.5hrs for a family Wedding, I didn't slow down at all. In the weeks leading up to it I had to spend some time without DH as I had to fly to SA to have bubs & I was bored so I actually started helping out at the local Kindy...suppose you could say I took on more.

I didn't notice I felt any different, but I was on the phone to my mum and she kept asking if I was ok cos I sounded "flat". I went into labour 6 hours later, at 39 weeks.

For a few days prior I was feeling really content but also very impatient as DD was born 8 days over due.

The Sunday night I felt a little nautious (7 days over due) then on the monday morning at 5:15 am I got my first contraction. I knew it was time so I looked at the clock to take note of the time then laid back down to go back to sleep. From then on it was every 20 mins. 15 hours after that DD was born but the first 8 or so hours wasn't too painful more like period pains. It wasn't until near the end that it got more painful.

Don't let yourself get worried about the pain of labour. It's only one day out of your life (for each birth) & the reward couldn't be beat! I remember being so happy on my way to the hospital, you couldn't get the smile off my face! We left when my contractions were 2 mins apart & when I walked in the midwives were going to send me home because they said they could see from how happy & comfortable I was that I couldn't be in "real labour" yet & of course I was, once they did my internal they were shocked. But just thinking about meeting my baby had me smiling away (almost in la la land I think haha)

So I suppose what I'm trying to say is every labour is different, try to stay positive, you will do a wonderful job!

I think i was calm and relaxed with Evan the day before. Contractions started around 1am of his due date, but I didn't actually realise they were contractions until about 9am! I didn't sleep much that night.

the best i felt threw the entire pregnancy was the day before i gave birth - i did groceries, went to the fish markets, bought everything i needed to finish/start the babies room - lol - went to bed late and woke 3hours later with the urge to go to the loo - 14hours later became a mum.

Good luck with it all - woohoo enjoy the ride your'e on the home stretch now