Thread: How did you feel leading up to it all...??

Default How did you feel leading up to it all...??

Hi Ladies,

I am really interested in hearing how you really felt in those last few weeks/days leading up to impending labour.

fear?
    anxiety?
    nerves?
    panic?
    excitement?

etc etc...

Also...I am interested in hearing how you coped getting through those days/weeks...did you do relaxation etc?

Chrissy, with Lily, i went 1 week over due and had to be hospitalised for 2 days before the birth, so for me, it was more annoyance than anything, being heavily pregnant and not being able to get out of bed. But before that, i was quite excited and didn't really think about the labour at all, maybe i was in denial lol. But really, i was just so over the whole thing, i couldnt walk, i couldnt sleep, i just wanted her out lol.

All of the above!! hehe

I was just so excited I wanted to see my little bubba!! I wasn't really scared just really looking forward to it. I coped by keeping as busy as I could!

Tigergirl1980 Guest

I was really excited, I just couldn't wait to meet him. I wasn't even nervous the day that they induced me, was just really looking forward to him finally being on the outside.

Chrissy, when I was expecting Olivia, she was a week overdue, so I felt HUGE and hot (living in Darwin) but mostly I felt peacefully excited? I had finished work at around 35 weeks so had, in effect, 6 weeks for "nesting" and I swam a lot for relaxation.

I had done all my anti-natal classes etc at around 31 weeks, so they were done, but I did have a bit of an addiction to reading other peoples birth stories! Spent a lot of time online chatting with Kelly from memory!

I also had a CD for pregnancy and birth relaxation which I listened to a lot, which had really positive visualisations, which was great. (It got a good work out again when I was expecting Charlie!)

Looking back, it was a special time........apart from DH going mental if I missed a call from him, and too many people calling saying "Have you had it yet........" LOL!

cazoraz Guest

Impatient, sick of being pregnant, and calm and confident all at the same time!

I used relaxation techniques throughout my pregnancy and after Cole was born as well to help me get to sleep.

I felt tired, I had worked up to 37 1/2 weeks, so I was exhausted. So really I just slept alot and got nothing done. I thought about nesting, but just lay on the couch instead. Once I went overdue I started to try and get out more, but was really hard.

To be honest I was a bit scared of the huge change that was about to happen. I was also trying to deal with not being employed anymore for the first time in years. It was very weird.

Melody Guest

So many different aspects of 'how you feel' that i think they have all been covered.

I was SO ready. I think I even spent a whole day cleaning every door knob in the house.... like that was going to make a difference.

I stressed about the actual birth between month 5 & month 8 & then all of a sudden I had this calm come over me.... I knew I would do it & do it well. I do however remember feeling increasingly agitated with regard to the 'stupidly big pregnant woman' thing & the phone ringing all the time.

Looking back the agitation was probably a subliminal reaction to me understanding that there was a large percentage of the upcoming experience that was out of my control (& I am someone who likes to be in control) I couldn't beg borrow or steal this baby to arrive so I was agitated about the waiting & expectation. I hope that makes sense

I cant really say how i felt because it was just such a rollercoaster of emotions lol
    I think i was excited,scared and nervous all at once...
    I was looking forward to my bubbies being born but nervous about what was going to happen and how i was going to cope...
    I think i was more nervous with the last three than with Catherine though...I guess it was knowing what i was in for lol
    I didnt really do any relaxation as such or anything though...