Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How did you get from birthing room to recovery?

Smile How did you get from birthing room to recovery?

Lighthearted thread - how did you get from the labour ward/birthing suite/wherever you had your baby to your room after? Walk? Wheelchair? Stretcher from the OR? Homebirth so you only had to move from the floor to your bed?

I walked with my first two, but with #3 it was freezing cold and I was just wearing a pajama top and no pants (thanks to a placenta that took forever to arrive) with a (rather gooey) blanket over my legs. They let me wrap the blanket around me to keep off the cold and wheeled me down the hallway to my room. Which was a very short distance, I might add.

I find it most amusing that I was perfectly capable of walking but got a lift in a wheelchair purely because I wasn't wearing pants

I also think they were being ultra nice to me because they almost missed the entire birth. They ordered me breakfast and brought biscuits and milo too!

I walked from the birthing suite to my room after showering & freshening up, the epidual didn't take very long at all to wear off and I had had a top-up dose just before DD was born. They did an internal and I was 8cm so I was allowed to have it........she was born about 20mins later

I caught a wheelchair up to my room after DD1 as I'd lost a lot of blood and had nearly passed out before being put a drip. With DD2, I walked from the birth centre to the ward after our waterbirth as we had to wait for her sugar level results to come back. I felt like a real fraud being in a wheelchair when my legs were working, but I was incapable of standing up!

After DS1's birth I felt like I could run a marathon! I felt awesome even though I had been labouring since the wee hours and well into the day. So I walked back to my room after his, DD1's and DS2's births. I had a retained placenta after DD2 so I was wheeled back in on a bed after being in theatre to remove it. I was very delicate walking around after her birth as my stomach was very sore.

i walked from the birth room to my other room but i was already in there for a whole 24 hours lol and i had my parents to help me move all my stuff so i could carry DS

I was wheeled out on a bed...
    Still can't remember though the transfer from the OT table to the bed...at all...but remember coming too in recovery and being really tired and trying to sleep...still don't know how long I was actually up there, feels like hours.

With DS I had an epidural top up after birth so they could stitch me up, so I needed a wheelchair ride back to my room. It was so awkward as I could not even move my legs.

With DD I had a ton of stitches and was really weak and dizzy so after I was helped into and out of the shower I was wheeled back to my room.

I walked back to my room both times...

hobbled very slowly to my room...I had an epi and stiches and was sooo sore! MIL helped me have a shower, must admit I'm a bit embarassed she saw me in that state! she was there for the birth so saw everything, and then helped me shower (well pretty much washed me all over!) because I could hardly move I hurt so much!

Default How did you get from birthing room to recovery?

I walked. We had a fair bit of time in the birthing suite after delivery as our room wasn't ready. I had time to have a shower and recover from my epidural. I remember wheeling Mitchell in a plastic tub while husband carried the bags.

Walked to the shower in the delivery suite and had a shower with the help of a MW, then after getting dressed, I was in wheelchair to go down to NICU to see DD then back in the wheelchair back to my room which was on another floor.

With DD, I walked after I'd had been stitche up, had something to eat and had a shower.

With DS, I birthed him in a birth centre which meant delivery room = recovery room so I was helped up from the floor onto the bed and there I stayed!

Had DD @ 2008 and was wheeled back to my room on a bed from recovery at 2230.

Walked. It was only about 20 meters. But I had to carry all the bags cause XP wanted to carry DD

Got wheeled to my room on a bed cause I had a bleed and when I sat up to get up to have a shower came very close to passing out. I had DD at 8pm and didn't get to have a shower till 11am the next day. I felt so grotty and boy was that shower good!

DD1 i walked very gingerly... was in a lot of pain was about 5 hours after she was born
    DD2 i spent the night in delivery as i was high maintances due to haemorrage, was wheeled in a wheel chair the next morning, i was too weak to walk, but was ok because i only had to worry about holding DD

i was wheeled on a bed from the theatre recovery to my room as i had a 2nd degree tear, DD was born at 11.02am and i went to my room at 1.30pm i still have no idea how long stitching me up took or how long it took for me to come around.

Double post!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast