Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How did you get from birthing room to recovery?

DS1 I can't remember - I think I walked pushing him the the plastic crib thingy
    DS2 I was in a bed - I had a PPH, then fainted so they cathertered me and didn't allow me to get up for a day (when I did I fainted again so wasn't allowed up for another day)

DD1 - i was 'stretchered' from the bathroom floor to the ambulance (holding DD1), taken into hosp, i spent the first night and part of the next day in the birthing suite as the ward was full but the next day i walked up (barefoot cos in the rush we forgot shoes & slippers).

DD2 - i had a shower, got dressed and then walked up, it was about 1am in the morning, it was so peaceful!

DS - 22hr labour, episiotomy, epidural, I walked from the birthing room to my room after a shower. I wasn't even offered a wheelchair.

DD - about a 5hr labour, 2nd degree tear, I walked from the birthing room out the front door. I went home 6hrs after dd was born.

i was wheeled on a bed. stupid epidural. i couldn't get out of bed until the next morning so i had to wait until then from 5.45 the previous afternoon for a shower. a shower has never felt so good!

i was wheelchaired. totally didnt like it but was hospital policy.

this time i am hoping that all i have to do is roll over and shuffle to my bed for snuggles with our new baby and DD1! (planned HB obviously lol).

DD1 I was wheelchaired over with a catheter and all the rest after having a severe PPH. Couldn't get out of bed for 24 hours minimum after the birth and it suuuucked, I still had two cannulas (sp?) in my arm and reeked of assorted fluids despite a nurse giving me a wipe down with a wet flannel It was so disgusting, laying there in my own filth with no pants on for 27 hours

DD2 I gave her a feed before DH cut the cord, then when she fell asleep I handed her over for weight and measure, hopped out of bed and grabbed my bag and hit the shower. Then I toddled (I was a bit sore!) over to my room and found breakfast waiting for me, wolfed it down and had a nap It was awesome, I went home that afternoon.

DS I was wheeled on a bed, post c-section. I had DS in my arms the whole time though.

DD after a shower I was wheeled to NICU to see her and then wheeled back to our room for the night but was up and about quickly.

I just walked- felt like superwoman!!

i was actually saying to DH the other day that i cant remember going from the labour room to the maternity rooms. i remember wanting to get up and shower but they told me i had to wait a hr at least for the epi to wear off but i cant remember how i got back to my room or who was there or wat lol.

First two I walked the last one I was in a wheelchair as I had severe SPD. My second was the best, I had a induced 3hr labour with no stitches and a epidural. After she was born I got up and showered, shaved my legs and washed & blowdried my hair before walking back to my room!

1st two cs so I was pushed in my bed!
    3rd was a vba2c and after I had him in the birthing suite I showered, ate food and DROVE my sleepy DH home to my 'recovery room'

I walked both times.

walked both times

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123