View Poll Results: How Did Your Labour Start?

Voters
145. You may not vote on this poll
  • Contractions

55 37.93%
  • Water Broke

42 28.97%
  • Induced

42 28.97%
  • Elective Caesarean

1 0.69%
  • Other (please specify if you like!)

5 3.45%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How Did Your Labour Start?

wow.. this thread goes back a bit Kelly!

Mine was contractions (after a day & a half of diarrhoea, massive 'show' and ouchy braxton hicks!.. sorry tmi ) and when my waters broke everything stopped! I was then augmented with the drip and it all got going again.

My labour started with bleeding at 28.6 wks then contractions - I thought it was back pain!

Kirsty77 Guest

I was induced at one week overdue as my bp was getting high, one lot of gel, waters broke.

Hi,

I was also induced (+11 days) as there was a concern about placenta function due to low amounts of amniotic fluid.

I only had my waters broken, refused the drip!! (but they kept pestering me anyway!), and i didn't need gels as i was already 4cm when i was induced.

Just wanted to add that I had started having contractions by myself at 10pm the night before, so if i wasn't induced the next day i think i would have done it myself by day 12....

I was admitted into the hospital to be induced 10 days over my due date, it was a thursday... went into official labour at 7:30pm on the Saturday, and Ben was born 10:47pm Saturday night (12 days overdue). Long induction process, short but intense labour.

cazoraz Guest

DD - induced with 3 doses of gel (stubborn baby!)

DS - waters broke spontaneously at home day before my due date, born right on time!

Waters broke, augmented with a drip 8hrs later when I'd only dilated 1cm, Madeline was born almost 7hrs later.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I'm really shocked that inductions are almost as popular as labour starting with contractions What is happening?!?
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

skyelar Guest

I was given one lots of gel at 41+ weeks due to high bp. I was 4cm dialated at time gel was given.

At 9:30 my waters broke (well dribbled really) two days before scheduled c/s, I was 4cm dilated when I presented at the hospital two hours later with no contraction pain.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

*bump*
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

I started with intense contractions and an immediate show, then had him 90 mins later!

Contractions both times. The first time they started 8 mins apart and were 5 mins apart within an hour and getting more intense. Second time I didn't time them - they were coming thick and fast and started intense (3 hour labour). First time my membranes were ruptured on arrival at hossy, second time I got my show when I felt the need to push (was fully dilated) and then had my membranes ruptured. I'm wondering if they ever would have broken themsleves LOL!

*bumping this thread*

we have lots of new members that haven't had a chance to add to this. feel free to describe how your labour started.

also was how it started how you had hoped it would be?

xx

little contrctions from 5pm - 9pm then very ouchy contractions from 9pm - 4:04am

Contractions for me and they just got stronger and better- no augmentation.

PROM at 35 weeks, had a couple of very mild contractions after about 30 minutes, left for the hospital after one hour exactly and contractions hit very hard every four minutes all the way there. They stayed pretty much 4 minutes apart my whole labour, which was 14 hours. No augmentation.

Contractions woke me up me both times (4am and 2.40am respectively)! They say we run around full of adrenalin during the day so labour sneaks upon us unawares when we're sleeping!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast