View Poll Results: How Did Your Labour Start?

Voters
145. You may not vote on this poll
  • Contractions

55 37.93%
  • Water Broke

42 28.97%
  • Induced

42 28.97%
  • Elective Caesarean

1 0.69%
  • Other (please specify if you like!)

5 3.45%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: How Did Your Labour Start?

I answered other. They were all different.

DD1 - Show on Thursday & Friday, then waters broke 12.30 Friday night/Sat morn.
    Contractions started about 2am On the way to hossy.
    Born at 6.56 Sat night.

DD2 - Pre labour contractions started at 2.15 Sat morn. All day long.
    reg 30min apart at 10.30pm
    Off to hossy at 1.30
    ARM about 7am??
    Born at 7.08am Sunday

DS - Contractions started 5.15 Sat morn
    Waters broke around 6
    Waters brown so off to hossy at 7.30
    DH got there at 8.45
    Born at 10.15 am Sat morn.

Waters broke at 1am - I'd gotten up to go to the loo and the way it gushed, I initially thought my pelvic floor had finally given up LOL. This was followed by very mild contractions about 11 minutes apart. Lay awake for about an hour and a half timing them till I woke DH who promptly sprung into action, he was so excited. Went to hospital about lunchtime, didn't give birth till 10.30pm. Long day.

waters broke all over my bed at 2am, half an hour after we got home from a 21st

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

*bump*
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

My waters broke each time before labour started.
    DD1 & DD2 contractions started within 10 mins of waters breaking
    DD3 contractions started about 2hrs after waters broke.

Waters broke at 5am. Then nothing. Had accupunture to move it along, contrax started approx 4pm, regular at 10pm, birthed at 4:49am next morning.

Both times my waters broke and regular quick contractions started within minutes.

Number 1- my waters broke at midnight just as it ticked over to my duedate I went into hospital an hour or so later after ringing them and being told to come in , labour didn't start so I was induced at 9am and labour started straight away and bub was born at 1.30pm on his duedate

Number 2- I had BH 3-8 mins apart the day before from 1-4pm after a s&s they died Down and started up again at 1pm the next day 5-8 mins apart I thought they would go the same way and fizzle out again and do that for a week or so but at about 4 I was still only getting BH no pain at all just tightenings and6- 8 mins apart so I thought they would fizzle out but all off a sudden it felt like a switch flicked and I was pacing back and forward and felt I was in labour and had to pee frequently so I rang hosp and was told to come in just in case I got there at 5pm still 8mins apart no pain joked at the desk at how bad I needed to pee had a VE at 530 was 6cm that's when I started having really painful contractions and baby was born at 6pm so I have no idea when labour started that time

My first DD was induced as her heart had stopped beating at 41 weeks. I had resisted being induced for a day too long it seems. I had a pretty fast labour about 3.5 hours
    My DS was a failed early induction and ended up as an emergency c/s. As there was no reason for his sisters passing the recommendation was to induce at 38 weeks.......
    Both less than ideal birth stories.

In a house, on a hill with a big fat welcome mat!

My waters broke resulting in some mild cramps. Drip put in 8 hours later as nothing was happening and my waters were mec stained. DD here 4 hours later.

DD and DS1 - contractions, 10pm and midnight respectively. DS2 - hind water leak at midnight, followed by contractions not long after.

Default How Did Your Labour Start?

5:30pm - My waters broke
    6:30pm - Got to the hospital and I was already 4cm (still hadn't felt any contractions at this point).
    7:30pm - I was 7cm and contractions were coming fast and hard.
    9:17pm - I had a baby boy!

My waters broke at home with both DD1 and DD2.

With DD1 I'd had mild period type pain for an hour then my waters broke. Contractions started immediately at around 5 mins apart. They quickly increased to 3 mins. DD1 was born 8 hours after my waters broke.

With DD2, my waters broke while vacuuming. I had no niggles at all beforehand. I only had a couple of minor contractions and some dull back pain in the following 2.5 hours before labour really started. Once it started, contractions were instantly 2 minute apart then quickly on top of each other. DD was born 37 minutes later.

For pretty much all of my pregnancies, contractions were the first indication of labour.
    With DD1, my water broke at home, about 2 hr after contractions started. With DD4, I had a hind water leak with a fair bit of blood the night before the "real thing" started. (Full moon that night....) Scared me a bit and we went in to L&D to see what was up. They said all was well and sent us back home again. (They were totally full over there that night - not a bed to spare! We got sent down to the maternity ward to be checked over.)
    With my later babies, I've had a fair bit of prelabour, and so distinguishing the real thing can be a little tricky, but I usually get some bloody show which is the big clue that things are truly about to start.

DS - elective c-section
    DD1 - c-section
    DD2 - contractions started at 5am, waters didn't break until I was 7-8cm.
    DD3 - contractions started at 5am, waters were broken for me while pushing.

DD4-induced 3 weeks early due to lack of fluid

DD2- vomitting like gastro..a few contractions- 3 weeks early

DD- 22 weeks pregnant......c-section due to other 2 sections

I voted for contractions as I could only select one however my labours started completely differently.
    DS - Contractions at 1.30am
    DD - waters broke about 7pm, contractions began half an hour later.

Mine were both different too, but I voted for induced.

First - induced at 13 days "over" with one lot of gels, kicked off mild contractions, 12 hours later waters broke, resisted drip, had great upright drug free birth.

Second - 15 days over, had a S&S (so still induced, really) then contractions started 12 hours later. Waters didn't go until first push of five - one for the waters, three for the head, one for the body.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast