Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How long after your waters break ...

Cherie, I used old cloth nappies between my legs. I walked around the house with it stuck between my legs. A fantastic sight let me tell you

Good luck hun and great to hear your not coping too much pressure.

Good luck - hope bean is in your arms very soon!

LizzysMum Guest

Good Luck!! My SIL's waters broke and nothing happened. the hospy put her on a time frame but only because the ****** doctor on duty when she came in said "I'm not sure your waters have broken" DER I think she would know! and then basically pressured her into an internal. if she had not had that she could have gone for about 72hrs I think before having things moved along for her.

Crossing fingers for you!

Oooh good luck Cherie! I also think you'r having a BOY and cannot wait to see your announcement

Good Luck Cherie!!!! - how very exciting

any news????

I'm still here lol. And still not in labour, although my BH's are becoming more regular I think (or it might be wishful thinking).

It's 32hrs after my waters broke at the moment. We had monitoring at the hospital last night (and IV antibiotics) - originally agreed to be induced this morning at 6am, but changed our minds. We had monitoring this morning (all is looking good), I've got an acupuncture appt this arvo, and more monitoring tonight. I have agreed to be induced tomorrow morning if nothing is happening by then (which will be about 50 hrs after my waters breaking).

Christy - GREAT tip about the disposable nappies. I can't believe how much better than maternity pads they work.
    Trish - I can imagine the sight of you and your cloth nappies! Probably as sexy as me and my bathmats/handtowels lol.

We've been trying nipple stimulation (I think it's starting to work), clary sage massage on my belly) and good positioning. My BH's seem to come more frequently when I'm lying down, so perhaps that might be similar to your experience Fi?

Danni and Ashley - we think it's a boy too! Will be so surprised if it turns out to be a girl lol. All this time we've been calling it he, so it will probably be a tomboy if it is a girl.

Thanks for all the support girls - this is not quite how I'd pictured my labour progressing, but you have to work with what you're given I suppose My DH has been the most amazing source of strength and support - I am so proud of him!

So excited for you Cherie...and good on your DH!!

Cherie, I was wondering how you were going. Good to hear that the hosp is still letting you go, that's awesome.

Yes it was a fantastic look. Fingers crossed for you that those contractions start up soon.

What a wonderful thread to be reading....

Great to see things finally on the move Cherie. Goodluck with everything over the next few days. Will be checking in for any news.

Jacqui

*las* Guest

Just wanted to wish you good luck and all the best for your birth!!!

Look forward to hearing your news!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12