Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How long did your pushing last?

ashlea was also posterior. Backing what kelly said about waiting until my body was ready to push, not when they told me to, i ended up with no tears, not cuts, no intervention and was literally bouncing around straight after the birth. I was pain free cause i waited til my body was ready and didn't have any problems at all

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

I pushed for over 2 hours with no 1 and ended up with a forcep delivery, but I pushed for 14 mins with No 2 and it was awesome. I love that feeling!

I pushed for about 1 hour with my first. (never felt the urge to push, actually, and I didn't have an epidural, either. But the good part was that I could stop without difficulty when she was crowning, so I didn't tear.)
    About 10 minutes (4-5 pushes) with my second. I couldn't believe she was out already! Also no tearing! Hurray!
    Both girls were about 7 hours of labour from first contraction to the end.

Wow I can't imagine pushing for three hours that would've killed me you poor girl!

I pushed for an hour and then they gave me the option of the ventouse which I gratefully accepted. I had been in strong labour for nearly 20 hours at that point and it was 5am in the morning so I was absolutely exhausted. 5 mins after I said they could use the ventouse she was out thank god.

I was 10cm dilated at 3.30am but midwife said to wait another hour till i start pushing, so she came back at 4.30am and i started to push and out she came at 5.20am so just under an hour...felt like 5 mins!!!

mooshie Guest

with my first i pushed for around 2 1/2 hours and needed an episotomy and forceps to help her out

with #2 around 15mins

#3 umm around 2 pushes if that lol - she just flew out rather quickly lol

With Jovie I felt the urge and I guess pushed or rather went with the urges for around 45 minutes.

About 3 minutes with 2 & 3
    Cant remember with #1

Tanya

I'd say probably 15 mins max with all 3 of my boys as well. I had no option but to push hard and fast with lachlan as he was in great distress and they needed him out, Kameron's I had an epidural so I just pushed when they told me too LOL, and Ashton was only 3 to 4 pushes with a short rest between each push and they told me to push when i was ready.

Love

15 mins here too... midwife said i pushed like a trojan!!! yay me

1hr40 minutes with Maddy. Certainly didn't feel that long - I really zoned out in concentration. I'd imagine it would have been faster not flat on my back, but I chose to have an epidural so I was prepared for a longer actual pushing/delivery stage especially with Maddy being my first.

Aidyn took 20 mins to push out.

1 1/2 hrs for Ruby. Second stage came really quickly and the midwife didn't quite believe I had the unbelievable urge to push. Im sure it would have been faster but I was quite scared of that part. After verbalising my fears and being reassured It was ok to go with the urge it still took ages cause my contractions were a couple of mins apart right up to the end and she kept popping back in! Frustrating!

#1 labour was 5 hours and i pushed for about 1hr 45mins. I never felt the urge and just pushed when they told me to because i knew no different. Needed the vacuum extraction in the end.

#2 labour was recorded as 14 hours. I pushed for 33 minutes. I had an epidural but when i still felt the urge to push when i was 9cms. They turned the epi right down so i could feel more and i held on until 10cms. I loved that i could feel it that time. Felt like i was in complete control. In the end he shot out pretty fast too. The midwife wasn't even ready, she told me i was doing well then she turned around and said, omg the heads coming out!

Wow, there's such a variety!! I couldn't imagine what it would be like to only push for a short while...it must be fantastic! I was totally BUGGERED after my 3+ hours of hard/full on pushing and didn't have the energy to even talk... It's definitely left a very bad impression on me when I think of childbirth...hehe! (not that anyone could actually enjoy it I'm sure)

Sherie, you will find that baby #1 usually paves the way for #2 to come out a bit easier (not always, but mostly). With Paige the urge to push was just so strong and primal - I tried to hide it from my midwife cause I knew she would take the gas off me if she knew I was pushing, but my body gave me away - it totally overtook my body.

With Jenna there was no pushing urge as I had an epidural. I pushed when they told me to push
    With Hamish - he was out in 3 contraction, so I would say about 4-6mins. It was fabbo, bu bloody hell it hurt!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12