Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long overdue did you go?

Default How long overdue did you go?

Ok ladies I am very curious to find out just how long you can go overdue before induction is REALLY necessary, the ob at the clinic the other day says once I am 10 days over they like to induce, and I asked him if I REALLY have to be induced and he said well no it's up to you but they recommend you don't go any further than 10 days. So anyone out there gone longer than that with or without being induced????

I went 4 days but was induced due to high BP

I know there are plenty of BBer's out there that have gone over the 10 days mark. I was told that I would need to be induced if I got to 10 days too. I ended up going into labour the night before I would have been induced, I'm not sure if that was fate or my stuborn body wanting to do it it's way. I would have been happy to go longer if I hadn't been so sleep deprived from restless legs and pelvis pain.

I was ten days over and booked for induction - which I was notified of by voicemail at 5.30pm the day before. By the time I got the message the OB was unavailable and I couldn't discuss it with him, so in a panic I called the hospital and the midwives said "we can't do it if you're not here". So I didn't turn up, called the doctor and said I just wanted to wait a few more days. As it happened this was a Friday and the following Monday was fully booked so he just laughed and said "we'll play it by ear". I went into labour on 40+11 but ctx stopped when I got to the hospital so I still had ARM & drips, but had a normal delivery.
    HTH

i went 10 days over and was then induced.

i asked this time if i could be left the full 2 weeks, and she said it is ultimiately up to you but we have to let you know the risks and there is evidence that a fair percentage of babies dont make it if left that long, even with monitoring. freaked me out!

I went 11 days over but my dr said she would induce me when I reached 14 days.

theres no reason you cant go to 14 days over!! if everything is ok they can monitor you, you'll probably go before the 14 days anyway!!
    i went 3 days over with DD2, i used accupunture to get things moving

Brianna,

I went 7 days over and used Acupuncture which i believed got things moving for me too. I had it on the Sat and went into labour on Sun night!
    Good luck hope it happens soon!!!

i went 13 days overdue, was due to be induced at 14days. They said i could be induced at 10days overdue but i was worried about induction so i got them to put it as far back as i could as me and baby were fine and healthy

DD2 i went 5 days over
    DS i went 7 days over

I went 7 days over with #3. A few days before this, when I was a couple of days over, I was booked for induction on day 10. I didn't need it, thankfully.

10n days last time and I'm booked for 10 days this time.

Have been talking to my aunties and they (back in the day) went 2 to 3 weeks over.

I went 8 days over but asked to be induced just cause I was over being pregnant and wanted to cuddle bub

I went 12 days over with DD and 13 days over with DS. I did start to have contractions on the morning of induction with DS but didnt progress so was induced anyway.

I went 14 days over and was induced.

4 days with DD1 and 12 days with DD2, DD2 was natural, no interventions though they did try to induce me at 10 days over, which I obviously refused.

10 days over with DD then induced - which didn't work and I ended up with an EC. Next time I will be waiting until bub is ready unless there are obvious problems.

Angie was 42 weeks, so 14 days over. She was perfectly healthy and while the placenta looked "jellied", it was still working when I went into labour. I basically look at it that - baby isnt going to stay there forever and will come out when its ready - not too soon, and not too late.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast