Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: HypnoBirthing

absolutely it would be worth every travelling minute!!!! DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!

I didnt' do hypnobirthing but saw signs up in the hospital during my pregnancy and thought it looked like a good idea.

About 13 hours into my 17 hour labour the midwife stopped topping up my epidural so that i would be able to push with feeling. i wasn't happy about this at all and was freaking out about the pain i was in. My amazing midwife managed to call up an aneathetist to come and chat to me about the pain i was in. This anaethetist, unknown to me at the time, was also the man who held the hypnobirthing classes, he was incredible and talked me through the pain and taught me coping strategies to get through each contraction calmly, i was able to calmly cope with the pain til my son was born thanks to this amazing man and his hypnobirthing techniques.

Ever since i have said that if i were to ever have another baby i would definately do hypnobirthing classes as it made the world of difference to my birthing experience, i wish i had of known about it from the start of my labour then i may not have opted for the epidural.

GL with everything!

I used hypnobirthing for Nicholas and it was fantastic. I was only inlabour for just under 3 hours, and it was pretty intense, but I didn't panic at all, and ended up having a beautiful experience. It was also really good for relaxation during my pregnancy (I have anxiety) and for post pregnancy, especially while I was in hospital. I did the sessions with a psychologist at St John's Hospital in Subiaco (Perth).

I'm pretty sure there's a course that runs over a weekend (or a long weekend)that you go to - like a retreat or that are a full day course with support after ! I'll see if I can find it for you

I definately recommend a course like it.

I did it as well and highly recommend it! I was so calm and my labour was 3 1/2 hours and the most amazing experience of my life! I was wonderful.

You can buy the book without doing the classes... although I did find that the combination of reading the book and the classes for me was great. Go on the hypnobirthing website and email the Sydney person and see if they can put you onto someone in your area... and yes, the lady I did my course with did actually do weekend courses for people who had to travel from remote areas.

Hi
    I've signed up for a birth skills (one yoga baby is referring to) weekend course and received the materials package (I assume it's same as what she sends out for distance program). I havn't been through everything yet, but it's pretty informative and includes relaxation CDs and instructions etc. I've tried the first CD out and I was definitely relaxed. A bit of practice and I reckon I could relax under pretty much any circumstances... well, hopefully
    Haven't actually done it yet, though, so can't offer advice on classes vs learn-on-your-own, but Shari does certainly get back to emails very quickly, so you wouldn't be totally on your own.
    Good luck

Ok ... dumb question.... hypnobirthing??? Is it like meditation through the birth??

Hey Alicia

thats a great question?

HypnoBirthing is a method of relaxation, directed specifically to the pregnant/birthing woman. Its about having
    • clear understanding of how the body births, and reducing fear
    • natural birth and processes
    • relaxation
    • self awareness
    • visualisation

This all contributes to a number of physical and pyschological 'health' for the expectant woman, with the goal of a postive birth experience (vaginal or c/s)

hope this helps

xx yogababy

sorry didn't mean to question mark
    thats a great question?
    16month old hit the keyboard

it is a great question

xx yogababy

thanks yogababy - it is something I will look into... trying not to think that far ahead just yet, but it sounds great as the birth can be a scary thing LOL

I think reading the book would be ok but from my experience of my classes last weeked 90% of what I got out of it was the therapy session with the practitioner. I was intellectually aware of and accepting of all that was in the book and knew it back to front but it is another thing all together to sit with someone and discuss your fears about birth - fears I barely knew I had....

Hey all

Roryrory
    I agree...you do get a great deal more out of the hypnobirthing course when you meet with the practitioner in a workshop or private session. However...not everyone has access to a practitioner so I would recommend the program pack as the next option

AliciaK
    ...birth is a little scary, but its also a wonderful, empowering experience

Marcellus
    I think you and I are too meet in November

xx yogababy

Natalie I definately agree!

So you all don't think it's silly to travel 3hrs to and 3hrs back(at night) to go to the classes?

Hey Tegan

it is a lot of travel...it may be ok for the first class, but committing to 4 weeks of 6hrs worth of travel may really take it out of you

if you are really motivated you can still get a great deal out of a distance program...with email and phone support. The program packs are designed to be used independently...and are very user friendly, manual, scripts, cd's

hope this helps

xx yogababy

if anyone is interested I would be more than happy to put up a few practitioner posts on HypnoBirthing

xx yogababy

Tegan, I would contact the person who is running the course and see if they do one over a weekend so you just go down once. I know the lady who ran the classes I went to told me that she does this for people who are in rural areas and can't make normal classes.

Aurora, I found reading the book after the classes was great cos it made me remember things so it was reinforcing it all. I know what you mean about fears you didn't know you had!

Default Hypnobirthing

Hi,

Not sure where to post this so I will put it in a few threads. I am pregnant with my 2nd child and reading about hypnobirthing. I certainly like the tennants behind hypnobirthing, esp re the role of fear in labour and learning how to overcome this.

I would love to hear from anyone who has tried this method of birthing.

THanks,

Mich

Default Hypnobirthing

Hi,

Not sure where to post this so I will put it in a few threads. I am pregnant with my 2nd child and reading about hypnobirthing. I certainly like the tennants behind hypnobirthing, esp re the role of fear in labour and learning how to overcome this.

I would love to hear from anyone who has tried this method of birthing.

THanks,

Mich

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast