Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just wondering...

Thanks for that girls I have been looking around and couldn't seem to find much. Thanks for the link Snacks. I will read it fully tonight. Will be adding that to my Birth Plan.

I assume i got it as i remember a midwife stabbing me in the leg which bruised later. It was never discussed with me. My whole birth was a bit of a whirlwind to me as it was unplanned and i just went with what they said. A lot they didn't explain to me i.e. i knew they were giving me a drug to induce the baby, but i thought once the iv ran out that would be it (since i'd read so much about gels etc). So i wasn't too active thinking i'd get to roam around later when it was done. When i finally asked when it would be taken out it was explained why it wouldn't be etc.

I never had a birth plan as my waters ruptured a couple of days before the appt where you go through all that stuff with them so this time i will be pushing my questions etc to the 30wk appt to make sure i get to ask them this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybebabie View Post
    I assume i got it as i remember a midwife stabbing me in the leg which bruised later. It was never discussed with me. My whole birth was a bit of a whirlwind to me as it was unplanned and i just went with what they said. A lot they didn't explain to me i.e. i knew they were giving me a drug to induce the baby, but i thought once the iv ran out that would be it (since i'd read so much about gels etc). So i wasn't too active thinking i'd get to roam around later when it was done. When i finally asked when it would be taken out it was explained why it wouldn't be etc.

I never had a birth plan as my waters ruptured a couple of days before the appt where you go through all that stuff with them so this time i will be pushing my questions etc to the 30wk appt to make sure i get to ask them this time.
    Wow Maybebabie,
    How did that leave you feeling?
    I know I went into my first with no birth plan and right throughout this pregnancy(#3) I have regretted that decision, My first I was induced then that resulted in a C-section as thats what they recommended as I was taking too long. I think if I had been more informed I might have made different choices.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12