I played chants & very peaceful music at my births. However the song that always always stops me in my tracks, brings a knot in my throat is Lightning Crashes by Live. It's about the circle of life. It's powerful. It has come on the radio on the way to the hospital with all my babies. It's come on when I've gone to births - it's just "my song"!

"Lightning Crashes"

lightning crashes, a new mother cries
her placenta falls to the floor
the angel opens her eyes
the confusion sets in
before the doctor can even close the door

lightning crashes, an old mother dies
her intentions fall to the floor
the angel closes her eyes
the confusion that was hers
belongs now, to the baby down the hall

oh now feel it comin' back again
like a rollin' thunder chasing the wind
forces pullin' from the center of the earth again
I can feel it.

lightning crashes, a new mother cries
this moment she's been waiting for
the angel opens her eyes
pale blue colored iris,
presents the circle
and puts the glory out to hide, hide