Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not your average day @ 30wks...

I can't imagine how nerve wracking that must have been for you..here's hoping bubs stays put for a few weeks to come at least...

Also wanted to let you know that NICU is amazing, a friend of mine went in to early labor & gave birth at 27 weeks, and their happy, healthy baby is now at home with mum & dad..

*Yvette* Guest

Rachel, I was just going to post that it sounds like your baby has engaged in the pelvis, which midwives have told me happens 1-2 weeks before the birth (although mine never do til I'm in labour), but then I read Katanya's post. Wow, all sorts of things can happen eh? Apparently the hospitals you mentioned are for any babies earlier than 32 weeks, so I'll be checking out Monash myself just incase. It's amazing what they can do for early babies these days. I panicked when my daughter was born 2 weeks early, but now I hear of heaps of babies born much earlier, & it's a big possibility for me this time.

Hope you & bubs are keeping well. Sounds like a great excuse to take it very very easy the rest of the way.

Hi again,

Just a quick update on this. Went and had a midwife check up last night. Since my 28w check (now 32w) my uterus measurement has increased heaps. Was 28cm for 28wks, now 35.5cm for 32wks. Midwife suggested this may have brought on the discharge and contractions. She's also recommended they keep a close eye on in case the growth spurt continues at this rate! It could even out to being the right size over the next week or two, but it could mean I have to be induced a couple of weeks early.

Stay tuned for further installations in this saga!

(Picked up the bassinet we are borrowing from my g/f last night on the way home from the check up. At the thought of going early, I wanted it at my place!)

Thanks for the update, I will be watching this thread to see what happens. Your belly looks almost ready! Good luck Rachel.

Good Luck Rachel, will keep our eyes out for your news!!!

Had a check up last night. Baby's still growing although this week's growth rate not as large as previous - also different person measuring so that can make it different.

The OB decided to send me for another ultrasound all the same, so Thursday morning is when it's all going to happen. We're almost ready to find out what sex the baby is too because we're having sooooo much trouble with boys names. At least if we find out what it is it will help us with the name game. Guess we'll have to wait and see how cooperative bubs is on Thursday!

Will give you the update then.

Thanks for the update Rachel,
    Can't wait to hear how the scan goes & if you do find out the sex of bubs!!!!

katanya Guest

Racheal great to hear that everything is going fairly normally (except growth) all I can say is that big babies tend to be healthy 8-[

I just wanted to say unfortunately at this stage babies are pretty well curled up and it may be hard to see what you are having(I tried too with felix at this stage) I had 4 scans throughout and never found out, TBH I was really glad as it was the best surprise ever!

I told my DH this morning we might not be able to see the sex of the baby and he was disappointed, Katanya. But I guess it's not really important in the scheme of things. We're having the scan to make sure the baby is nice and healthy and to make sure things will be ok for labour/delivery.

Will keep you posted all the same.

Good luck Rachel, look forward to hearing from you.

Ultrasound went well this morning.

Baby is healthy and HE is average on the percentile scale so nothing for me to be worried about.

And yes, we found out the sex... it's a boy!

Congratulations on a great result and finding out you are having a boy!!!

*Yvette* Guest

That's great news Rachel!

Great news on both accounts

Congratulations, Rachel!!

katanya Guest

Rachel so glad he proved me wrong and showed himself!!! HOW exciting!!! Ahh..little boys are wonderful of course I am biased!

Also VERY happy to hear all is well!! See I was right on that one!

Thank you for all your lovely thoughts everyone.

We would have been thrilled with either a boy or a girl. I think it's just so exciting to know. We didn't find out with our DD, we waited until the birth, however with this one seeing we were struggling with names for a boy so we thought it was a good idea to find out and that way we'd either stop thinking about it if it was a girl or get down to some serious thinking if it was a boy.

Guess we've got some serious name contemplation to do!

Any suggestions anyone???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12