Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Returning to pre-birth state after vaginal birth

Default Returning to pre-birth state after vaginal birth

hi Girls,

Im sorry if you think this is a silly question,

But i am worried about the state of my private parts after birth - will they be all loose and that or does it return to pre-birth state..

Does breast feeding help to acheive that

is there anything i can do to help things go back the way they were...before birth ??????????????
    I havnt had him yet - but i am starting to get worried about the labour etc.

I've had 3 vaginal births and tore all 3 times requiring stitches.
    My DH swears it's just the same as before

It doesn't look too bad either just a small scar on the perineum.

Ive only had 1 child sa far...one on the way...

My DH is same as Sammi's....he thinks its just the same.....teeeeeny tiny bit not as tight.. but thats pretty good considering a baby come out of sure a small opening?

Still looks the same.... can hardly see a scar....

So dont worry hun! You will be fine...

God i hope so ...

Did you both breast feed and do kegal excerises ?

I found exercise (brisk walking) and pelvic floor muscles got it back pretty quickly. Plus lots of pelvic floor excises in pregnancy helps I reckon. I was religious with them when I was pg last two times and I never had an incontinence problems or anything. I have been very lazy this pregnancy and forget most of the time.
    I breast fed both of my last babies also, I'm not sure if that helps or not.

I BF for 2 days if that....but wasnt working for me...so i now FF. I think the only time i done exercises was when i was in hospital....LOL....

So to sum up... ive done NOTHING at all to get back to pre baby and im all normal and no complaints from DH at all.

Remember your vagina is a muscle - it is designed to stretch and then go back to it's original shape. I have had three VBs and trust me, I am no different down there, and DH agrees.

Sweeeeeet - thansk girls. put my mind at ease a bit . on that part of the whole thing anyway.

I had a vaginal birth and an episiotomy (and a HAND) and DH says it's no different. I love my pelvic floors though.

Sorry, mine looks different (pretty bad tearing and a big scar) but after the first 18 months or so - much longer than usual - it was back to normal. But if anything it's better now than it was before in terms of comfort & function, IYKWIM.! I agree if you are concerned do your pelvic floor exercises as I'm sure that helps it to snap back into shape again!

I can't speak from experience yet but my girlfriends say that you have a change in sensation afterwards and another friend said that having very closely spaced births can mean that you don't have enough time to recover between and that can affect tone. I'm trying to keep up the kiegels and hoping for the best.

One vaginal birth, a small graze on labia. Doing exercises before and after delivery 3 times a day. DH says no different and looks the same.

Two vaginal births, and everything is fine. (I had no tearing, either, but I think that means I had to stretch more.) Dh says things are the same. I don't think that breastfeeding does anything for down there - it helps your uterus regain tone, somewhat, and helps you shed baby fat. Kegels will help if you are worried, but as you can see from PPs, others have skipped them and been fine.
    So no worries!

i dont think there's any difference. i had a vaginal birth and small graze on labia. Hubby thinks if anything, tighter and smoother/softer... Gawd the things us ladies talk about hey!!!!

paradise lost Guest

One vaginal birth, tore but not stitched (just into muscle and no more, not bleeding heavily so midwife agreed to leave it be). I BF for 7 months, but i think that helped tone my uterus rather than my vagina. Looks different - slightly "ragged" where the tear was, but just the skin and i can tell the difference where XDP failed to spot it - familiar as he was with me. Was "normal feeling" (according to XDP, who i was still with then) at 8 weeks post partum. DP now has no complaints.

As an aside i was also very paranoid, especially about my new DP since i kind of thought since it was XDP who got me pregnant he'd need to like it or lump it if it was all slacker afterwards, so i did lots and lots of kegels. Am now more toned down there than i ever was and my orgasms last MINUTES. Lol. It's my top tip. :0

Hana

Thanks girls sounds promisisng... LOL

Hi,

I have had 4 babies and while some aspects of the appearance of my vagina has changed, the ability to do its 'thing' during intermacy has actually gotten better.

I had a few stiches with my first baby. (Stiches can make the first week or two a bit uncomfortable as they disolve.) The other babies births were very straight forward and my body recovered as nature intended.

Breastfeeding helps your uterus (not vagina) to contract back quickly and can also help burn of any excess weight that pregnancy can put on. But the muscles in my vagina simply return back to their natural state. Our bodies are amazing!

In the first 12 weeks I don't do any scheduled excercise. (I don't sit around either, I just get on with life - you'll be surprised how busy you'll be with a baby. It's all excercise - Even shopping ... whoohoo!)

After that 12 week period I simply do basic pelvic floor excercises and I when I feel enthusiastic I work / walk around the house holding in my stomach muscles in. That's all I have needed to keep in shape.

Best wishes with the birth of your baby.

I had stiches after haveing my first baby that were just at the opening. A trainee did them (first time she had ever done stiches) and didn't do a good job. I had a permanate lump there which just felt uncomfortable during sex.

After having baby no 2 I had stiches again and I had a plastic surgeron do them this time. I asked if she could fix the lump and she did. Now its not irriating I can't feel anything different and its a whole lot better for me in the bedroom.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast