Thread: Transverse Lie

skyelar Guest

Default Transverse Lie

I am almost 29 weeks pg & like my DD this bub is comfy cosy lying transverse. I am not at all concerned as I have weeks & weeks to go, but my DD was still transverse at her induction as 41+ weeks.
    What can I do to help this bub move on down? I am sure I have read about the spinning bub website?

Tallon was breech for a little while there, and I got DH to talk to the bottom of my belly as supposedly it can help bub turn to the sound. It worked! LOL. (He was probably due to flip over on his own anyway.. so don't really know whether it really worked or not). There is a spinning babies website which give you exercises/positions to use each day to try and turn the baby.

To be honest.. I think you have smart babies.. I can't understand why anyone would want to be upside down for weeks either! hehe. I'd much rather lay about myself

Like you said, you have loads of time for bubs to move around. Hope you can get him/her moving eventually!

Matilda was transverse for a long time. Check out that website, it is full of tips. One that my midwives told me about was to spend around an hour a day total on your hands & knees. So I would scrub the floor with a scourer doing little bits at a time to get it really clean LOL. Or to weed the garden, I would also lean forwards all the time rather than lounging back. So I would be sitting backwards on chairs with pillows to lean onto. HTH!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

A baby cannot be born in transverse position and I am surprised they induced you with a transverse baby? What were they thinking?!

I have an article on the main site about optimal fetal positioning and you can also google the words - heapsa stuff. There are also stickies in the forums for positioning.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

My bub was laying transverse at the 28 week checkup but has been head down at 32 weeks and thankfully is still that way.
    There is still plenty of time for your little one to turn. My OB wasn't at all concerned about it. May have been a different story if he had gotten to term transverse though.

You've got time, which is good

Lots of walking, sitting forward....

Some yoga positions are very helpful for this sort of thing. There are books on fetal positioning...I believe one i have is called "optimal fetal positioning"....a library only rarely has such useful books...an on-line bookstore may have some good ones. Capers is great, but expensive.

Babies usually only go head-down around now anyway, so chances are, within a few weeks, bubs will be in a great position for birth...but yes, do look up some excercises or the like to try. Good luck!

skyelar Guest

Thanks everyone for your replies!

You know I had no idea what the midwife meant when she felt my tummy & said 'bubs is transverse'. I was induced with high bp & delivered her fine. My ob got me to my feet during pushing & I felt this massive drop. I freaked & asked what it was & he just laughed & said "Your baby", sure enough she moved right down & was born after 2 more pushes

I will check out the positioning info thanks for that!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

She must have changed position at some point, as a baby can't be born in a transverse lie (lying horizontally). But having a transverse bub at time of induction, it is not clinically advisable.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

TH1031 Guest

Default Confused

My doctors has a group are advising an induction with my transverse son. I am 39 weeks, i went through two external versions neither were succesful. They then decieded an induction with another version would be the next step. I am very very confused on what to think and if this is the right step to take and would appreciate advise.