Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What day and time did your labour start?

James - started to go into labour on a Thursday at 6pm... had him at 1.45am on Friday.
    Madeleine - started to go into labour on a Thursday at 6pm... had her at 11:55pm.

There was a definite pattern with my 2.

My waters broke at 11:10pm on a Friday night. Maddy was born at 1:42pm the following day - Saturday. I was induced via drip when my labour didn't progress significantly.

I woke with teeny tiny contraction at 5am on a Sat morning. When I got up at 7am, my waters broke!
    Contractions didnt start up properly though, so they induced me with syntocin that night (silly me in hindsight should have just gone back home for a day or 2) and Aidyn was born at 3am on the Sunday morning.

Both times my waters broke at 5am on a saturday.

its so interesting how different we all are. I find so exciting. BUT it would be lovely if things would start with this one either early am or late pm as DH works so far away that im kind of freakin out that if it happens in the middle of the day he wont make it in time. I worked out my contingency plan though now and just have to accept that no one has control. Very hard for me as im a bit of a control freak. Anway thanks again guys your posts have been really helpful.

Sounds like Friday evening starts to labour are common. With Jack I went into labour at about 9pm on Friday evening and he was born at 4:30 Sat morning (labour started with pains 8 mins apart).

But with Thomas I went into labour at 3pm Monday arvo (again intense pains were the only sign) and he was born at 6pm. He was 3.5 weeks early, while Jack was 2 days overdue.

Sounds like there is no pattern at all, some women have similar patterns but most don't!

I hope it works out for you. We ended up having to take Jack to the hosp with us as our live-in babysitter for while I was in labour hadn't arrived from interstate yet and it happened too quickly to have time to drop him anywhere. Luckily we had a friend who could come to the hosp and pick him up. Turns out she only had him for a couple of hours though as Thomas was born very soon after she picked Jack up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12