Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What day and time did your labour start?

Default What day and time did your labour start?

May sound bizarre, but i was just wondering whether its more common for labour to start at night and also on what day of the week you went into labour?

Also if you have more than one did you follow the same pattern, ie both started at night? or was it different

Thanks

Hi Heather. Sounds like your mind is racing ahead in anticipation of your new little bundle! Good for you to be so organised with your thinking/planning!

Viv's labour started @ 8pm at night (and lasted 31 bloomin' hours!)

Blake's labour started @ 4.30pm and lasted until 9.31pm - 5 hours.

In answer to your question - no pattern at all. They were both so totally different.

ETA: Viv started Friday night with 8 min apart contractions. She was eventually born @ 3.02am Sunday. Went to hossy 11am Saturday. Waters were broken @ 18.30 Saturday after slow progess. Epidural approx 1.30am and vacuum extraction delivery .

Blake: Contractions started Thursday afternoon 16.30hrs - 15 mins after John arrived home as I'd asked him to come home cause I wasn't feeling 'right'. They started @ 5 mins apart and within the hour had reduced to 3 mins apart. Arrived at hospital approx 18.30 with 1.5min apart contractions on the way! Waters spontaneously broke approx 20.00hrs, delivered 9.31pm
    Last edited by wardygirl; October 24th, 2006 at 08:30 PM. Reason: added more info

I think the midwives told me last time around that Tuesdays and Fridays are traditionally busy days?
    And apparently in birthing suites the wee small hours are really busy, and when one woman gives birth, apparently several go together.

Quite wierd huh?

Ashlea's labour started at 6.00pm on a wednesday and she was born 1.27am on friday

My labours both started when DH asked them to. He said with my first, it would be really great if you would have the baby on a Saturday, so that I don't have to come rushing home from work. So at 6:30 Saturday morning, the day after she was due, I went in to labour. She was born at 1:20 that afternoon.
    With my second, we finished decorating the nursery at 10:00 Saturday night about a week before I was due, and he said well, now the baby can come tomorrow. So at 2:00 the next morning, I woke him up, and she was born at 8:50 Sunday morning.
    We get a kick out of that.
    With both I lost my show about 12 hours before labour started, and with my second I had BH for about 2 days before.

Friday afternoon at 1pm contractions started. I was 3-4cm (so in active labour) at 1am when I got to the hospital on Saturday morning, then Alexzander was born via c/s at 1.27am Sunday morning.

Thanks guys your responses are invaluable. My worry at the moment is that if i go into labour on a weekday day mike will have to travel by train for at least 1.5 hours. I went into labour on a saturday evening with hendy so was hoping that it might be similar, or alternatively maybe ill get a feeling like rach did and tell DH to get home asap!
    Kate your labours were practically identical time wise! Id love to be that organised. LOL

Ds labour started 2am wednesday morning had him 8.15am wednesday morning
    DD started getting pains at 1am but didn't dilate at all till around 5am wednesday morning had her 11.05am wednesday morning.A couple of my friends have had their babies on wednesday mornings too, with labour starteing early morning

my waters broke Sunday morning at 4am, had Nina that night at 11pm.

Kameron - induced so Andrew wasn't at work anyway but labour actually started at midday on a saturday. Born at 3.20pm the same day

Lachlan - induced so once again Andrew wasn't at work, labour started at around 6pm on a Monday evening. Born at 10.18pm the same day

Ashton - spontaneous labour - they put it down as starting at 6pm on the Wednesday evening. Born at 1.36am the next morning

Love

mooshie Guest

my first dd started at 3am on a friday morning and lasted until 5.08pm friday afternoon

ds started at 4am saturday morning and lasted until 12.06pm saturday

2nd dd started on wednesday evening at 10.00pm and lasted until 11.03pm

i was induced with the gel on the wednesday evening with my 2nd dd and i know my ob/gyn tries to do all his inductions to be booked in on a wednesday.

I had contractions start Friday morning at 2am. Had Dylan at 9.30pm that night.
    The weeks leading up to his birth I was woken at 2am each morning with Braxton hicks which I thought was strange.

#1 was induced. Waters broke at 11pm after having gels put in. Had drip and had her 5 hours later on a Saturday.

#2 contractions started at 5am on a Tuesday. Waters broke at 5:30am. Had him at 6:33pm on Wednesday.

With Maddy my waters broke at about 4am Tusday morning, laboured at home all day Tuesday & Wednesday off to Hospital at 5am Thursday, given a drip as she was distressed & she was born at 12:28 Thursday lunch time! (exactly 7 days over due)

With Indah I started having period cramps on Monday at 8am which satyed 3mins apart all day, went to hospital at 10pm Monday night & she was born at 12:31am Tuesday!(Exactly 7 days overdue)

So nothing at all alike, except both were 7 days over & I have been told I take 41wks to cook my babies!!!! yay for me!?

My labour started with my waters breaking at 4.08am on a Monday morning. I had Briley at 1.21pm that day.

I started feeling contractions at 2.20pm on a Saturday afternoon.. Jesse was then born at 1.21am Sunday. My waters never broke and were broken by the midwife when i started to get the urge to push.. he was then born about 30 minutes after.

Madison- induced on Thursday morning after waters breaking on tuesday night at 11.57pm, got to 1-2 cms on thursday night so C/S at 11:48pm
    Charlotte- induced (5 days over) on thursday morning, Labour started at 12pm VBAC at 6:50pm.
    2 very different labours hopefully next time i will go into spontaneous by myself.

KMH, How funny is that.... both our Maddison's took days from waters breaking!!!!
    Hmmm, maybe for anyone wanting a complicated birth, call your kid Maddison!!!! LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast