Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What did you wear in the hospital

Default What did you wear in the hospital

I don't own any PJ's and don't really want to buy any just to wear for a few days in the hospital let alone PJ's which are 3-4 sizes larger than I will be wearing in the future. So I was wondering what you wore in hospital after bubs was born? I was thinking to just wear trackies (or my dh's if I don't fit into mine) and perhaps get around in my warm fluffy robe.

I wore trackies and flowy tops

In hospital i wore shorts and a singlet with my light dressing gown (summer obviously), theres no reason why you can't wear trackies a t and a robe... whatever your comfy in.
    Just remember you will bleed a bit so i'd suggest not wearing and favourites JIC...

I stayed in my beautiful hospital gown for ages after I had Milly it was just easy at the time....then I just changed into regular clothes.

Ive just packed trackies/ gym type pants too

At night I wore PJs and during the day I wore my regular clothes and got dressed.

We live in north queensland so I don't know if it also to do with the weather but the maternity ward here has the temp turned up to keep the newborn babies at a good temp which means it can feel really warm in there. Track pants might be a bit on the warm side here (unless they were light fabrics), but we have winters that average 20*C so it might just be here ...

I wore a breastfeeding singlet, trackies & a jacket.

PJs specifically bought for the occasion

They cost about $15 from best & less. Flannel, button front, very elastic waist, perfect post-partum PJs.

just some slightly bigger tshirts and trackies,made sure had nice comfy waiste,and some slippers,it was Summer time but got really cold in the hospital so it was ok,i had to keep walking to the nursery so didnt want to always be in my pjs

I wore Pj's at night and normal clothes during the day. I found it helped me get into a routine getting up in Hospital, showering , getting dressed and eating a nice breakfast. I would shower in the morning when I got up and then just before I went to bed at night.
    I don't normally wear Pj's at home. I just find that getting up in the night it's easier if I have them as they are comfortable. I treat myself for when I go into hopsital and have a nice Peter Alexander pair, they last for ages.
    As I was BF I also wore a glamour mums top to sleep in until my milk came and then switched over to my booby bib when my milk came in. I would wear both of these like a top at night.
    I have light fleece jacket that I wear when it's cold at night for when I get up to feed.

I wore mostly pj pants and a t shirt. i still fit into my normal clothes so thats what i wore.

i wore loose fitting tops and leggings. at night was trackies and a long sleeve top. all from best and less. And slippers or house socks on my feet.

I don't really wear pyjamas either, but my nan had bought me some op shop PJs a few weeks before so mum brought those in for me. The bottoms were too small (my nan keeps forgetting I'm not a size 12 anymore!) but the tops were so silky and flowy and cool... I think I ended up just wearing undies for bottoms, and my bathrobe over it all if I was leaving the room

I bought new pj pants and breastfeeeding singlets, and wore trackies, a singlet and jacket during the day. Having new pjs was just bliss, it helped pick me up when i was feeling a bit yuck. Also meant i could have the bag packed earlier cos i wasn't having to keep wearing the clothes.

I got up, had a shower and got dressed every day cos for me that helps me feel good.

I bought a really hilarious old nanna style nightie which buttoned at the front. It was super cheap at Target (any wonder when you see it, LOL!) but it was comfy and made breastfeeding and engorgement a lot easier to deal with. I only wore it at night though.

During the day I wore comfy trackies (the ones that have the waist band that folds over as I'd worn them while pregnant - kept my huge belly warm!), Bonds maternity singlets, a fleece jumper and slippers. I had my dressing gown which was great at night as it always seemed quite cool in our room and I was up and down a lot with DD and fed her in the lounge in the nursery a couple of times.

Best of luck!

I mostly wore pjs for the time I was there. Specifically bought for the bleeding/leaking/messes (cheap!). And some dodgy old trackpants I had been too softhearted to throw away previously.
    I wasn't huge on appearance. Lol!

pjs aftter i had him then just trackies and a jacket!!!

I went to Target and bought some cheap trackies and 2 flannelette shirts from best and less. Aside from that I wore a few of DF's old shirts.
    It really brought new meaning to the word bogan, but I was really comfortable and didn't have to worry about getting blood on anything.
    It was money well spent since I still wear the clothes now, even though they're about 3 sizes too big they're soo comfy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast