Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What did you wear in the hospital

cas great thinking on the maternity bra front! dh actually found me the maternity bras that I have now! lol I was just thinking the other day that I might get some that are a size bigger not only in the cup but chest too (not sure if that is the term for it.... it is 1:30am)!

My mum bought me the most gorgeous breastfeeding pyjamas where the top can also be worn just as a nightie. I must say that I wore them most nights after going home as they were easy to BF while co-sleeping and I didn't get cold . I also actually still wear them as they are so nice and soft. They were from Dangerous Curves but I think I got them on eBay. ETA they are called the 2 way PJ.

SATIN!

If you're in any discomfort after birth or a cs, then satin is the best for getting in and out of bed and being able to move and turn comfortably.

With a May and Oct bub I was always hot in the wards. With my Jan bub I went in in a satin nighty and drove home a few hrs after he was born so the hospital a/c didn't bother me!

Even if you don't normally wear PJ's (me either) you can still have fun with a sexy satin nighty, if you get a baby doll style and fill it out post birth it becomes a flowy nighty when you're back to normal

Sarah

^ THAT IS SUCH A GOOD IDEA!!
    I'm sure I did extra damage to my hoo-haa wriggle on and off chairs and the bed all the time... I'm gonna remember that one

i was big on packing light so the fewer things the better.

lots of black undies, if you prefer under the belly bonds make great maternity ones and you can keep wearing them later.
    pj pants and t shirts and singlets.

I never used to wear pjs. but now I have 2 kids and well the more you have to get up at a moments notice the more you start to wear them.
    Tracky dacks are great because they feel more supportive than pj's and are usually black or blue in my world so they can hide some sins.

I do recomend having a sleep outfit and a daytime outfit, just so you don't feel yuck, it's also too easy to wallow in bed in hospital, so having to change forces you up, plus you don't feel as frumpy and grose when visitors arive.
    most maternity wards are kept at a certain temp for bubs so you will be warm, but they also don't give you many blankets

when you go into labour put something comfy on before you go to the hosi, and if for any reason you need a drip, take any bras, or difficult t shirts off first, they are a bugger to get round a drip.

I'm not really a PJ gal either but mum bought be a whole stack of cute flannel PJs to wear in hospital. My intentions were to only wear them at night as I had leggings and maternity tops to wear during the day. Just ended up staying in the PJs the whole time as they were so comfy. I felt a bit too exposed in the legging especially while wearing a giant surfboard maternity pad with a frozen water filled condom shoved in it LOL

Whatever you wear make sure the bottoms are a dark colour in case of accidents!

jackson was born in the middle of summer and during the day i wore those long flowy skirts, that go down to the ground sorta thing?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123