Thread: what did your 'show' look like?

Default what did your 'show' look like?

I geuss this question might be a bit gross so apologies to anyone who is grossed out.
    I just found a big lump of yellow, clearish mucus. Last time I had a big lump ofyellowish/brownish mucus a week before I went into labour and clear mucus with tiny bits of bright red blood just before I went into labour.
    So.... I was just wondering how much variation there is in mucus plugs because I'm not really sure if its a show or just my CM in overdrive.

I had a smear of bright red mucous on my undies about the size of a 50cent piece. I had Lindsay the following day. With the girls I never got a show until after my waters had broken. Everyone's show looks different though.

mizzsocial Guest

I didnt have my show till i was in the "pushing stage" of labor.. i never saw it, but my DP's face said it all.. lol.. i guess it wasnt a pretty sight!!

bruky Guest

I cant remember the other two but with Katie I had a blob of jelly like stuff streaked with blood...actually it even happened twice before earlier on in my pregnancy but apparently they can reform???

When I got to the hospital there was blood (bright red) on my knickers and she was born 15 minutes later

My show was a darkish yellow brown colour, about 36 hours before Milo was born (I actually had it at the BB event!)

I think I had some of mine last night. Started as a yellowish/brown blob, and from then on I've had lots of blood-stained stretchy mucus. Ick :shock:

Can I just ask.. how long should the show.. show? It's just that being bloodstreaked etc, I was wondering if it's a bad thing if it goes on too long? Surely once it comes away that should be it? How much is there usually?

It's probably a "different for everyone" answer huh.