Not long now MissE. I am sure you'll go into labour on your own very soon
Not long now MissE. I am sure you'll go into labour on your own very soon
Hi there!
Congratulations on things starting to happen...scary and exciting times! YAY!
when my waters broke i was told that being a first-timer i probably wouldnt go into labour naturally (no reason given...) and that if after 48 hours i still hadnt gone (which they told me was going to happen) i would be induced with gradual amounts of synto.
my experience turned them on their heads as i began to experience early labour signs almost from the moment the word 'induced' was mentioned. very very mild crampings (almost imperceptible) that then escalated into AF style cramps. within 40 minutes i was in active 2-3 min apart contrax.
I guess for me, DD was ready and willing to come, but a large part of me also believes that i was so relaxed and confident in my body's ability to do what it needed to do that i *knew* (even as he was telling me about the synto) that i would go naturally.
and i agree with the others, being engaged has very little impact on when you will go into labour. some kidlets decide to only engage during really really active full on labour...
goodluck and happy times ahead! *mwahhhh* beautiful newborn cuddles on your horizon...![]()
Last edited by Cassius2; July 3rd, 2009 at 10:51 PM.
MissE, big labour vibes for you!
I had a hindwater leak with DD (first bub).
I was put in hospital overnight & told they would induce me next morning if I didn't go into labour on my own (I had been leaking since about 4am that morning as far as I know).
At 5am I got up to go to the toilet & as I got back into bed my waters broke - like, they POPPED! and my contractions started almost immediately.
Good on you for talking them into letting you have the weekend! I always assumed my leak meant my body was almost ready anyway, kwim? I'm sure it will be the same for you especially as you've had your show & other pre-labour signs (I had none with DD just a teeny bit of AF type cramping the night before my leak).
Walk heaps this weekend! and as hard as it is, relaxeither way you will have your little one soon!
Good luck, can't wait to see your BA![]()
You have a 100% chance of not being induced if you don't turn up to the appointment![]()
It is not uncommon for babies not to engage until labour has started. I think with the leak, and the show, you have a good chance of labour starting on its own. I had a hind water leak with bub no 2, but I was induced about 12 hours after it started - so I don't know what would have happened if we had waited, but I think given another day or so things probably would have started on their own.
I don't know what your chances are to be honest. I have heard there is increased chance of infection if the baby isn't born within 24 hrs of waters breaking.
Mine broke and labour didn't start at all after 14 hrs so I was induced.
tinkerbell infection risks really only go up when people put things up the vaginal cavity that has germs on it.
the vagina is a self cleaning sterile area..
There is. They have put me on antibiotics to prevent an infection, I have to check my temperature 3 times a day and then go into the hospital once a day for CTG to make sure bubs is okay and a quick check up for me. So far, so good, but if there is any sign of an infection or bubs not being happy they'll be inducing me right away. Personally, I'm pretty happy with this way of handling it, I just hope that I can go into labor spontaneously and avoid the induction on Monday.
Yesterday afternoon and last night I had heaps of prelabour (cramps, back ache and the sensation of bubs trying to move down) but it petered out around 3am this morning. I think it might be getting started again, but I am starting to feel a little bit disillusioned. Today when they checked bubs position the head is now in my pelvis unevenly, so on one side it is a lot more engaged but on the other it has slipped up a bit... They have told me from the scan I had a couple of weeks ago that bubs head is particularly large, so I'm just hoping my pelvis will open up more and let them in... Anyway, guess we'll just have to see how it goes for now.
Bookmarks