Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: what were u doing b4 u went into labour?

I was had just been to obs at 5pm then we decided to go to the pub for a drink( well dH had one). We then went to his sisters for tea where I was sitting on the couch for about 20 mins when I decided to go to toilet (feeling a bit weird). They didn't just break - they exploded!! Anyway went to hospital - was sent home and contractiosn started about 1 hr later. Gave birth next morning.

After a day of accupunture and walking up and down hills - being 2 weeks over due - i went into labour 2am the next morning

I had a very, very long pre-labour so I spent that time test-driving my "labour" DVDs and CDs. I distinctly remember watching Fatboy Slim's Weapon of Choice video starring Christopher Walken LOTS of times. Did the job - was a good distraction. Just watched it again on youtube for a walk down memory lane - still makes me smile and boppy.

I was on the phone to my best friend in Perth when my waters broke. That was at 11am. I woke up that morning with a feeling that something was going to happen though, so I had already put a pad on - thank goodness!

I was at my baby shower LOL! I went home and about an hour later my waters broke while I was talking to my mum on the phone. He was a good boy for waiting until after the shower

I was in bed trying to sleep, at about 2am. I was having trouble falling asleep because I was really restless. Then my waters broke and I straight away started having contractions 3 minutes apart. She was born 8.5 hours later.

after 2 days of lots of walking around and gardening...had early contractions all night and spend most of the next morning making lamb stew before going to the hospital with stronger ones

Sleeping!! - 1hr later contractions started getting worse....
    7hrs after waters broke, Jensen arrived!

SugarDust Guest

DS#1 - I was at home when my waters broke and I had the urge to go to the loo so I went, mind you we had an outside toilet, and pushed then when I went to wipe myself I could feel something so I called my DF and he said it was the head so he laid towels on the floor and I put my feet in the air while he called my mum and told her we were going to the hospital where he arrived at 11:36pm.

DDS#2 - I had been shopping for dinner stuff and was having painful contractions (he was posterior). At 6pm we went to the hospital where he was born at 9:36pm. 2 WEEKS LATE

Baby #1 - I craved pizza severely. Bad idea!! Pizza and gas don't mix well in labour!! Went to hospital about 11pm Tues nite, he was born at 7.07am Wed morn.

Baby #2 - I was lying on the lounge, feeling like it was the hottest day in history and trying not be sick. Went to hospital around 11am Monday morn, she was born at 7.45pm Tues nite.

Baby #3 - making dinner, which everyone ate except me. Breathing through pretty painful contractions, 5mins apart. Went to hospital about 7pm Sun nite. Got transferred to another hospital (I was 36weeks) where they started sticking me with needles, trying to find a vein (for about 2 hours). Contractions slowed. Spent 8 days in hospital before he was born at 4.08pm the following Monday arvo, after labour was augmented.

I was on BellyBelly! I thought I needed to pee, rushed to the loo and realised my waters broke. DH came in to say goodbye as he was going to work & I said no you're not!

I was circling toys in the big Kmart pre-christmas toy sale and was planning to go to line up to by a big list of toys for bubba (deluded..I think so!!!!) and had just finished cooking chops and vegies for tea when I lost my MP and contractions started less than five minutes after that...I promptly lost my appetite (although DH informed me that next time he would make sure he ate his tea before heading to the hospital...nice for him!!!!)

trying to sleep until 2am when I needed to go to the toilet bad got half way down the hall way when my waters broke sorry Flooded, stayed home till 3am and had DD at 5:47am not bad for a first timer

i was in bed watching sunrise, dh had just left for work i rolled over and felt a squirt, waters had broken, waddled to the loo to put a pad o fluid running down my legs!!

Butterfly_Princess Guest

I was sleeping..woke up with period pain thought it was just the usual aches and pains and went back to sleep waking every now and then to reposition coz the pain just wouldnt go away..i was half asleep through all this so wasnt thinking straight..
    When i woke up a bit more i realised and started taking note of the contrax, thats when i realised i was possibly in labour..
    Long story short, went to hosp about 7, got told it was BH, came home, back at hosp at around 2 because i was actually in labour all along, the stoopid doctor just wouldnt listen to me!!

smiles4u Guest

Wink

It was DP & my usual routine

... Saturday morn woke up at 9am

... DP said to me "What you wanna do for the day?"

... I said to DP "Hold that thought I think I need to go to the toilet"

... my waters broke whilst in the toilet (a trickle)

...To cut a long story short ... Our 1st born a little girl was born that very morning in hospital at 11.39am

My 1st bub at 40 years of age

I spent the Thursday afternoon at Lincraft lugging bolts of fabric around in their 1/2 price sale. After a couple of hours of that I went to dinner with hubby and the guy who was going to cover for him at work. I woke at 2am Friday morning with irregular niggly pains. Oliver was born on Saturday morning.

With Zander I had just had my last antenatal appointment & had my induction booked in for the next week. I went to pick Aaron up at the station & had to get him to drive home because I was starting to have contractions.

With Juliette I had just had a lovely dinner with my parents & a humungous piece of pavlova! Came home, put Zander to bed, walked into the loungeroom & had a small gush. I told Aaron either I had just wet myself or my waters had broken.... Turned out it was my waters.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast